• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dumb question on GSedit

Share/Bookmark

Dumb question on GSedit

I am sure there is a quick answer to this one.
    I have used GSEdit to convert samples from SF2 and most work out OK. The ones that have not worked out some have been percussive sounds. Example of one that works: Hold down a key on the keyboard and the note goes thwack and then dies down - Example where it doesn\'t work same as above but the note goes thwack -thwack - thwack very quickly. It has a very fast loop. The actual sample is just one thwack where do I set it up to just to play one long note ?

Thanks SpIkE

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Dumb question on GSedit

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpIkE:
    I am sure there is a quick answer to this one.
    I have used GSEdit to convert samples from SF2 and most work out OK. The ones that have not worked out some have been percussive sounds. Example of one that works: Hold down a key on the keyboard and the note goes thwack and then dies down - Example where it doesn\'t work same as above but the note goes thwack -thwack - thwack very quickly. It has a very fast loop. The actual sample is just one thwack where do I set it up to just to play one long note ?

Thanks SpIkE
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem is GSEdit is seeing it as a looped sample for some reason. You need to open it in the editor, and uncheck the \"loop\" checkbox in Case Properties for each sample. I\'m not in front of a machine right now so I can\'t tell you exactly which tab it is.

This is a bug...I reported it to Nemesys, so hopefully they\'re getting it worked out. PITA to change all the loop properties for each sample, but that\'s the only way to cure it for now.

Re: Dumb question on GSedit

Thanks Bruce,

I did find a way around it also by unchecking the \"inf\" and also reducing the decay times on 2 to something in the order of .005 up to .5

As you say this is a probelem and it is a real pain having to do all regions and samples.

Cheers SpIkE

Go Back to forum