• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will there ever be a Roland -> Gig converter!?

Share/Bookmark

Will there ever be a Roland -> Gig converter!?

Just got off the phone with Roland Corp. They told me that they had absolutely no intention to develope a Roland to Gig converter. If someone should make one it should be NemeSys. It\'s their product and their \"problem\". I have searched the net and I can\'t find a single program that\'s even capable of playing my Roland sample CDs. NemeSys says that products like these will be available from third-party companies in the near future.. But what companies?..

I have 3 superb orchestral and rythm sample CDs from Roland. But I may never be able to use them, cause I don\'t have a Roland sampler!

Any ideas and facts you\'d like to share?

Thomas Regin

Re: Will there ever be a Roland -> Gig converter!?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas Regin:
    Just got off the phone with Roland Corp. They told me that they had absolutely no intention to develope a Roland to Gig converter. If someone should make one it should be NemeSys. It\'s their product and their \"problem\". I have searched the net and I can\'t find a single program that\'s even capable of playing my Roland sample CDs. NemeSys says that products like these will be available from third-party companies in the near future.. But what companies?..

I have 3 superb orchestral and rythm sample CDs from Roland. But I may never be able to use them, cause I don\'t have a Roland sampler!

Any ideas and facts you\'d like to share?

Thomas Regin
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pray tell... Which Roland? Have you checked out Chicken Sys\'s product? Or CDXtract? Or AWave Studio? If you tell me what product you are trying to convert, then I could tell you which, if any product can convert.

Okay!.. Nevermind!.. I just checked out CDxtract. I didn\'t know about it until now!.. It\'s amazing!.. It reads everything!!
    My worries are over!..

Thanks!..

Thomas.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Just got off the phone with Roland Corp. They told me that they had absolutely no intention to develope a Roland to Gig converter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course not! Roland wants you to buy their samplers!

Lawrence

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Of course not! Roland wants you to buy their samplers!

Lawrence<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I figured if they made a converter, they\'d be able to enter a whole new market!.. I\'m pretty sure no one buys a Roland Sampler just to use their sounds! However, they would be able to sell a lot more sample CDs if they made a converter!

Thomas Regin

If Roland had actually produced any new samples in the last 4 years that might be a consideration. I think all the \"new\" CD\'s they plan to release for the XV5080 are rehashed 700 samples. I don\'t think they are in the sample business - the market is really flooded at this point anyway.

[This message has been edited by stonzthro (edited 08-16-2000).]

Go Back to forum