• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How long for Garritan support to respond?

Share/Bookmark

How long for Garritan support to respond?

I'm getting concerned now...I sent an email (describing the issue I've discussed here) to support Sunday night and still no word. I need to use IO in a project that needs to at least start no later than Monday.
    Are there any suggestions on what I should do at this point ....or maybe someone could tell me if 3 days with no reply is abnormal?
    Thanks very much,
    GRB

Re: How long for Garritan support to respond?

Well, of course none of us here would know how quickly support will be able to answer you, Randy. But you sent your email to them on Sunday - this is only Wednesday. That doesn't seem very long to me. But when there's a problem to be fixed, I understand what a drag it is to wait.

Is this about the sudden burst of noise issue? - You saw Chad's most recent response on your other thread? He gave you a test to help track the problem down. - It's also been pointed out that IO does seem to do some unpredictable things with Sonar X1. On Sonar 8.5 which I'm using, I've never had this noise burst. Sorry I can't help you on that.

Randy

Thanks Randy, but that thread is not what I emailed support about...it's the issue you tried helping me with regarding the "unloading" of IO.
    I tried (several times) to uninstall/reinstall to resolve the issue but now I can't get Sonar to recognize IO.
    I wouldn't think asking if people here have a clue as to how long support might take (generally speaking of course) would be an arbitrary question but I've been wrong before.
    Thanks again Randy,
    GRB

I didn't say your question was "arbitrary." I just said that nobody here would be able to tell you how long it will take for support to reply, and that I don't feel it's been very long yet.

OH yeah, the "unloading" thread. It does sound like your installation is totally haywire at this point. After un-installing did you look into the Registry for stray entries?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    Thanks Randy, but that thread is not what I emailed support about...it's the issue you tried helping me with regarding the "unloading" of IO.
    I tried (several times) to uninstall/reinstall to resolve the issue but now I can't get Sonar to recognize IO.
    I wouldn't think asking if people here have a clue as to how long support might take (generally speaking of course) would be an arbitrary question but I've been wrong before.
    Thanks again Randy,
    GRB

After un-installing did you look into the Registry for stray entries?

That's just it, I don't know where all to look...and I know just enough to be dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    After un-installing did you look into the Registry for stray entries?

That's just it, I don't know where all to look...and I know just enough to be dangerous
    Ok then it is best to not do anything with the entries. I'm sorry you'll have to wait for the support guys to figure out what to do with your problem. I hate that when it happens.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Ok then it is best to not do anything with the entries. I'm sorry you'll have to wait for the support guys to figure out what to do with your problem. I hate that when it happens.

Randy
    I hate that when it happens too Randy but it's nice to have people like you around that do there best to help... and then when it's beyond their knowledge (this is the first) they pass on the link to someone who can.
    Thanks as always bud,
    GRB

In looking at this thread, I think there may be a difference from the pre-MakeMusic days.

Gary Garritan used to participate a lot in these forums, which was great. (Unusual for the developer and CEO of a software company to be involved in the support forums, but that was one of the great things about the company.)

I think in the past, with a thread like this, Gary would have jumped in with a solution to the problem. Didn't happen this time. May have something to do with a change from a small very user-friendly company, to being part of a large corporation run by non-musicians.

It would actually be wise of MakeMusic to ask Gary to continue his involvement in these forums, and to pay him to do so. It would help keep the loyal customers of these products, to keep the same user-friendliness as before. Is that happening though?

So I don't agree with you, Randy, that the buyout by MakeMusic is a good thing. I'm not happy about it. I find it understandable from Gary's point of view (I may have done the same thing in his shoes), and we have to accept it, as we cannot change it. But we don't have to like it. I prefer how it was pre-MakeMusic.

Quote Originally Posted by maiki View Post
    In looking at this thread, I think there may be a difference from the pre-MakeMusic days.

Gary Garritan used to participate a lot in these forums, which was great...
    I think you may not have been active on the Forum enough in recent years to know that Gary has been mostly absent from the Forums long before the merger with MakeMusic. For several years now Gary has had to focus on his wife, Marianne's, extreme health issues. He has come by now and then when possible, but his lower profile here has nothing to do with the MM deal.

Randy

Gary Garritan used to participate a lot in these forums, which was great. (Unusual for the developer and CEO of a software company to be involved in the support forums, but that was one of the great things about the company.)

I think in the past, with a thread like this, Gary would have jumped in with a solution to the problem. Didn't happen this time. May have something to do with a change from a small very user-friendly company, to being part of a large corporation run by non-musicians.
    Being ran by non-musicians isn't a negative, it's mostly a plus in the regard we have executives with very savvy business experience. The product decisions are made by people with extensive experience in music and with the products they manage. The vast majority of MakeMusic employees are musicians.

It would actually be wise of MakeMusic to ask Gary to continue his involvement in these forums, and to pay him to do so. It would help keep the loyal customers of these products, to keep the same user-friendliness as before. Is that happening though?
    Gary's been pretty busy lately, and I'm sure he'll continue to be involved in the forums, which he is obviously more than free to do.

We're in the process of transitioning Garritan support into our systems, which as you can imagine is no small task when dealing with large customer databases which use different technologies.

In the meantime, use the information on this page to contact support:

http://garritan.com/index.php?option...160&Itemid=130

Alternately, you can contact MakeMusic directly through the Finale support system as well:

http://www.finalemusic.com/contacts.aspx

Feel free to use the email case system or give us a call, it's free.

If anyone's having trouble contacting us or haven't had a response in more than a business day, please let me know. As we transition, this will become much smoother when Garritan has been fully integrated with MakeMusic's existing support system.
    Justin Phillips
    Senior Product Manager
    MakeMusic, Inc

Go Back to forum