• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase 6 (64bit) and vst plugins (32 bit)

Share/Bookmark

Question Cubase 6 (64bit) and vst plugins (32 bit)

Hello,

Guy i am planning to buy cubase 6 64bit and than load all my 32 bit vst plugins on win7 (64bit)
    will they work or there is a problem.
    Has anyone done this? or has the same setup ?
    want to know before i spend my hard earned money on c6 64
    please do let me know
    thanks

Re: Cubase 6 (64bit) and vst plugins (32 bit)

Hi,

1) if you buy cubase 6 you get both, 32 and 64bit version, so you are free to insall both in parallel and make a decision at any time
    2) both versions run flawlessly on win7 64 here
    3) for running 32bit plugs in cubase 6 64 there are two options:
    a) using the integrated bitbridge with comes along with cubase => some plugs work, some don`t, formerly this was very buggy, meanwhile they did some improvements but not perfect to my mind
    b) get you jBridge for about 15 Euros => most plugins can be used with this little helper (in my case: I only use jBrigde for this kind of applications and don`t have a single plug that doesn`t work)

good luck, humphrey
    C5, Forte, Cantabile, Komplete 7, OP-X Pro-II, KORE2, EOS, Halion 3, HSO, FM7, B4, VB3, Sylenth1, virt. Guit., Minimoog V, Stylus RMX exp, Omnisphere, Vista Home Premium 64, Q6600, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, 8GB RAM Mushkin, 4 Samsung Harddisks / 1,5 TByte, RME Hammerfall DSP with Multiface, Motu Midi Express 128, NI Kore 2, Motif ES7, Fantom XR, Wavestation SR, Plugiator, TC M-One XL, ADA8000

Red face Re: Cubase 6 (64bit) and vst plugins (32 bit)

Quote Originally Posted by humphrey View Post
    Hi,

1) if you buy cubase 6 you get both, 32 and 64bit version, so you are free to insall both in parallel and make a decision at any time
    2) both versions run flawlessly on win7 64 here
    3) for running 32bit plugs in cubase 6 64 there are two options:
    a) using the integrated bitbridge with comes along with cubase => some plugs work, some don`t, formerly this was very buggy, meanwhile they did some improvements but not perfect to my mind
    b) get you jBridge for about 15 Euros => most plugins can be used with this little helper (in my case: I only use jBrigde for this kind of applications and don`t have a single plug that doesn`t work)

good luck, humphrey

hey humphery

Thanks a ton so u mean to say with Jbridge it will work fine
    cool will chk tht out
    thanks once again.

Jayesh

Lightbulb Re: Cubase 6 (64bit) and vst plugins (32 bit)

Quote Originally Posted by spooky008in View Post
    hey humphery

Thanks a ton so u mean to say with Jbridge it will work fine
    cool will chk tht out
    thanks once again.

Jayesh
    I can quote that using Cubase 6 Artist 64x on Win7 64x DAW jbridge is acyually managing properly all my 32x Plugins.

Go Back to forum