• Register
  • Help

Topic: Translator

Share/Bookmark

Translator

Does anyone who has translator reccommend it? Is it any better than s convertor?

Re: Translator

YES! I just started using Translator about a week ago and I think it\'s fantastic. Finally I can just load in a Roland CD or and Emu CD and play tose patches on the Gigastudio. I really think Rubber Chicken should ask Nemesys to include a pamphlet or something with the software jsut so more people know this resource is available to them. Actually, I think Nemesys should include some mention of it in their ads so that all those giga-Sceptics realize that GStudio now converts not just Akai but Roland and Emu also.

Please note, at this time the Translator does NOT convert akai. When you try to , you get a message sayng it doesn\'t do this at this time, mainly because the SConverter is such a good program to do this.

I haven\'t Translated HUGE amounts of patches as yet, but so far no problems converting, and very easy to use.

Robert Kral

I also have Translator. I have used it on ASR10, EMU, and Roland CDs. In all cases u get good conversion of waves and keymaps. Be prepared for editing of envelopes, LFOs, filters, and velocity response. A tremendous utility IMHO. Besides, what is your alternative? CDXtract 3.3, to my knowledge, does not convert EMU Cds as was incorrectly pointed out elsewhere on this BB.

I also have Translator. I have used it on ASR10, EMU, and Roland CDs. In all cases u get good conversion of waves and keymaps. Be prepared for editing of envelopes, LFOs, filters, and velocity response. A tremendous utility IMHO. Besides, what is your alternative? CDXtract 3.3, to my knowledge, does not convert EMU Cds as was incorrectly pointed out elsewhere on this BB.

Have any of you guys seen weather Translator will open S6000 programs and multies. These are not normal akai files they are PC based with .akp & .apm suffix. I\'d really appreicate a reply to this as we are thinking of replacing our S6000 with Giga-studio

cheers

brunio

Go Back to forum