• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GIGASTRINGS UPDATE & IDEA

Share/Bookmark

GIGASTRINGS UPDATE & IDEA

Just a note to let the newsgroup members know my progress and an idea I’m toying with that requires your feedback.
    The string library is coming along nicely. The editing of the all the samples is now complete and I have phenomenal people who are working on the programming. The samples sound incredible.
    I am thinking about offering a beta program. Beta testers will receive a functional beta version which will include all the string ensemble samples. The final production software and User Manual will be shipped to you free of charge when the software is commercially released. There would be a fee to join the beta program - perhaps 60% off the retail price.

Advantages of being a part of the GigaString Beta Test Program
    - An early look at the best sample string library ever recorded
    - The opportunity to utilize these samples before commercial availability to see how well it fits with your music.
    - The ability to influence the development process and the final shape of the library
    - Satisfaction in knowing you helped to create a well-tested and solid version
    - A significant discount off the retail price

What I get out of it...
    - A beta program will allow me to field-test my product prior to commercial release.
    - With thousands of samples, there are bound to be some anomalies. User feedback is the best way for me to find bugs, minimize error and identify necessary fixes
    - Product improvements added features and enhancements suggested by the beta testers may also be incorporated
    - The final product will more likely be stable, error free and have better functionality.
    - A fee for the beta program will help me with marketing and programming fees (and defray some of the exorbitant costs). Programming assistance didn\'t work out as I originally expected and this will help. Also, as of now, I have no distribution and a beta program may be a good first step to get the product out there.

What do you think? Does this sound like a good idea or would you rather wait for the full product?

Garritan

Re: GIGASTRINGS UPDATE & IDEA

I think it\'s a fantastic idea.. I would gladly shell the 60% or so and provide all the feedback I can.. where do we sign up?

A-

---------
    Andrea G. Pessino (not female, just Italian)
    Blizzard Entertainment

apessino@blizzard.com

Carefull Gary, yo umay get too many yes resonses hehheh

Seriously tho, I would love to help in any way, I was more than considering buying this library for full price, so If I can be of any help,...and maybe check out what the library might be before its resleased I\'ll be on board regardless of price discounts.

ashif@musicyouneed.com is the E-mail tho I think its in the profile

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Hi Garritan - Where do I sign up? I use GSt 160 on a separate P3 800 with 768 Meg of RAM, and would be thrilled to test.

Steve Mitchell
    The Classical MIDI Resource
    The CMR Players

I\'m also very interested in beta testing these strings.

Cris Liesch
    cliesch@rewolfsoftware.com

Sounds good to me to Gary. Any idea of a price for the beta testers and when we could purchase them?

I would *LOVE* (!!!!!!!!!!) to betatest your product(s) ! I would even go on vacation for that :-)))

Would you please email me: afmusic@gmx.net
    Thanks !

That\'s a great idea Gary.

No better way to check thousands of mapped samples than to use lots of ears.

Ditto, fantastic idea!

Gary, add me to your list! wkcl@pacbell.net

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast