• Register
  • Help

Topic: a couple of basic guitar pieces...?

Share/Bookmark

Question a couple of basic guitar pieces...?

Would it be alright to post a couple of just basic guitar pieces (kind of like improvs, well one is) here. I ask because you guys are pretty dang talented and was wondering what your thoughts were. I think they are not good, though people keep telling me they aren't that bad??? I do own GPO and WI - just have trouble making use of them!

Re: a couple of basic guitar pieces...?

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonC View Post
    Would it be alright to post a couple of just basic guitar pieces (kind of like improvs, well one is) here. I ask because you guys are pretty dang talented and was wondering what your thoughts were. I think they are not good, though people keep telling me they aren't that bad??? I do own GPO and WI - just have trouble making use of them!
    Hi, Preston - I think maybe others are feeling awkward about this, and don't know what to say. That's been true for me since I saw your post go up.

It's great that you'd like to share some music with us. This particular bulletin board, the Garritan Listening Room is intended to be where fellow Garritan users share projects which include use of Garritan instruments. That's explained in the "sticky post" towards the top that has the Forum guidelines in it.

I think you already knew that, and that's why you asked if it'd be OK to post guitar pieces - and I'm assuming you mean recordings of a Real World acoustic or electric guitar, right?--not the sampled guitar in the Jazz And Big Band Garritan library?

It seems like it wouldn't be that big of a deal, to make an exception and have you post what you're talking about - But it wouldn't be a good precedent. The guidelines are simple and lenient - For instance, music posted here often uses a lot of other sound sources besides Garritan. There have been guitar pieces, but mixed with GPO orchestral instruments--things like that.

It's appreciated that you asked for input - Even though it deprives us of hearing what you have ready, my take is that we do need to adhere to the simple request that posted music always includes at least some Garritan software instruments.

You have GPO but have trouble using it - Why don't you post some questions, explain some issues you have - do that in General Discussion, the busiest Forum here. We can probably help you out - And then later on, you'd be able to use GPO in a recording and post it here.

Thanks again for your post - I can't speak for everyone here, but I've given my reaction to your question.

Randy

thank you for the explanation Randy. appreciate it.

ask me if you want some classical or flamenco piece/impro perhaps i can do some for you.
    zeph

Go Back to forum