• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sigh!

Share/Bookmark

Sigh!

Sigh!!! Reloading an older half-way Sonar project: ".corrupt audio region....padded with silence".
    Seems to deal with Audioplugins. It is a very old bug........ I solved it by deleting all plugins to insert later when the project nears its end......... but still, waste of time. When comes DP for windows? I will be the very first to purchase......

Raymond - now going to bed....... it is past midnight here.

Re: Sigh!

Hopefully sometime in March it is going to be available !!!! WOW!!!

http://www.motu.com/newsitems/digita...r-does-windows

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Sigh!!! Reloading an older half-way Sonar project: ".corrupt audio region....padded with silence".
    Seems to deal with Audioplugins. It is a very old bug........ I solved it by deleting all plugins to insert later when the project nears its end......... but still, waste of time. When comes DP for windows? I will be the very first to purchase......

Raymond - now going to bed....... it is past midnight here.
    Raymond, is that an exact quote of the error message? Or is it a message that indicates an audio file that can't be found? When an old project has been opened which wasn't well archived, there can be audio files referenced in the project file which aren't in their proper location - i.e. the audio folder which should be inside the project folder. When audio is missing, or at an unexpected/incorrect location, then Sonar reports that all it can do is pad the track with silence.

Randy

Hi Raymond,

I was thinking it was the same thing Randy mentioned ... just a missing audio file (or pointer)?

Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan ... OMG!!

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post

http://www.motu.com/newsitems/digita...r-does-windows
    I was a happy Performer user from 1989 through 1997 and abandoned it only because I couldn't live in the "Mac world" any longer. Now, with Sonar X1 reverting in so many ways, I will need to give this great DP news some serious thought! I had no idea it would ever happen!!!

Best regards and thanks for sharing!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Raymond, is that an exact quote of the error message? Or is it a message that indicates an audio file that can't be found? When an old project has been opened which wasn't well archived, there can be audio files referenced in the project file which aren't in their proper location - i.e. the audio folder which should be inside the project folder. When audio is missing, or at an unexpected/incorrect location, then Sonar reports that all it can do is pad the track with silence.

Randy
    You both misread the message. When deleting all plugins, this error didn't occur. So it had nothing to do with missing wave files. All wave files are there and filled. Original message:

Raymond - having had a very good night sleep, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post

I always thought you are a Mac-addict!!

Raymond

You both misread the message. When deleting all plugins, this error didn't occur. So it had nothing to do with missing wave files...
    Hi, Raymond - Frank and I were just trying to understand your post, and asking what the exact wording of that error message was, because I have seen the one that relates to an audio file missing that the project is looking for. I didn't understand what you meant about deleting plug-ins--I couldn't tell if that fixed it in this supposedly corrupt project, or if that's what you've done since that project, to avoid the problem.

Which plug-ins were involved? I'd be curious, so I can avoid them!

Randy

I always thought you are a Mac-addict!!

Raymond
    no not really,
    but when I got my first Mac Pro WOW!!!!
    Never looked back.
    It is so fantastic that DP is going to now run on Windows 7.
    That is amazing news, that nobody could have ever seen that coming.

Also, get this,, projects that are created on either a Mac or Windows computer will be useable on both.
    Dan

Hey, Dan - Is it still the case that DP doesn't directly support VST plug-ins, only with a "wrapper?" I was looking at a software comparison chart earlier, and that was one thing on that. DXi isn't supported in DP, but that kind of plug-in has been replaced with DXi, so a number of DAWs no longer support it. Sonar still supports it and I still often use DXi plugs I like. It also said that DP can't read/write Ogg files?

What would be most interesting would be seeing the interfaces of all DAWs, and a practical way to demo them all. Not in the realm of possibility though.

Like one site said, choosing a DAW is like choosing a car - They all do the same thing, and it's very difficult to really know what you're getting until you have it.

Randy

Hi Raymond,

You are correct ... I misread your problem .

When I load an old CW/Sonar project file with an old plug-in I no longer have/use on my Win7-64 PC, I get the gobbly-gook message that it can't find the missing plug-in, but of course that is not really an error message like you are getting.

Sorry, I have not experienced your corrupt audio message.

Good luck!

Frank

Go Back to forum