• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which sample library would you use to create this sound?

Share/Bookmark

Which sample library would you use to create this sound?

I am currently learning this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wUfZD6oc

However, no matter what sample library try (I have kontakt5 loaded with Alicia's keys, Galaxy II Vintage D+Steinway+Baby Grand and Emotional Piano... plus I own The Grand 2 and Truepianos. I've tried messing around with the toggles to change the dynamic/colour and so on but I just can't seem to produce a sound that is as soft/crisp/warm as what you can hear the link I've provided. Maybe I'm not tweaking it correctly? I don't know.

Which sound library should I be using? What changes do I need to make?

Re: Which sample library would you use to create this sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Watkins View Post
    I am currently learning this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wUfZD6oc

However, no matter what sample library try (I have kontakt5 loaded with Alicia's keys, Galaxy II Vintage D+Steinway+Baby Grand and Emotional Piano... plus I own The Grand 2 and Truepianos. I've tried messing around with the toggles to change the dynamic/colour and so on but I just can't seem to produce a sound that is as soft/crisp/warm as what you can hear the link I've provided. Maybe I'm not tweaking it correctly? I don't know.

Which sound library should I be using? What changes do I need to make?
    I tried to play the song quickly with Garritan Steinway (Under the lid -mic) and it came really really close straight out of the box.
    Film Composer - www.juhanalehtiniemi.com
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Thanks for the speedy reply !

Can I ask you what sort of setup you are using? like, which sort of sound card/DAC/keyboard for example?

Also, are you referring to the Garritan Steinway basic or pro?

Cheers

Thanks for the speedy reply !

Can I ask you what sort of setup you are using? like, which sort of sound card/DAC/keyboard for example?

Also, are you referring to the Garritan Steinway basic or pro?

Cheers
    Close mic is only available in the Pro-version. I have Presonus Firepod and Novation 61 SL. If you want, I'm sure I can play you a short demo from the beginning of the song so you can hear if the sound is what you want.
    My latest project: Our first indie pop -single, produced in Ableton Live, available also on iTunes and Amazon
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika View Post
    Close mic is only available in the Pro-version. I have Presonus Firepod and Novation 61 SL. If you want, I'm sure I can play you a short demo from the beginning of the song so you can hear if the sound is what you want.
    Wow, yes please! that would be great

I don't suppose you've had the chance to upload that song? I'd love it hear your demo...

Anyhow, another quick question - does anyone know which pedal/s are used in this song? Is the damper pedal being used the whole time?

I don't suppose you've had the chance to upload that song? I'd love it hear your demo...

Anyhow, another quick question - does anyone know which pedal/s are used in this song? Is the damper pedal being used the whole time?
    E-mail me so I'll send you a short demo.
    Mac Pro 6-core 3.33GHz

Go Back to forum