• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: nammnews?

Share/Bookmark

nammnews?

anything yet?

Re: nammnews?

LOL. I've been checking in periodically today wondering the same thing.

The only "news" I've heard is the composition contest being sponsored by MakeMusic using Garritan sounds. I'm kind of surprised that wasn't mentioned on this forum come to think of it.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    LOL. I've been checking in periodically today wondering the same thing.

The only "news" I've heard is the composition contest being sponsored by MakeMusic using Garritan sounds. I'm kind of surprised that wasn't mentioned on this forum come to think of it.
    Umm - what MakeMusic contest?

...the composition contest being sponsored by MakeMusic using Garritan sounds...
    I didn't hear about it either. It must have been by invitation only...
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Good find, Gary!--This is breaking news, with that contest starting today - a lot of info hasn't even been released yet.

I got excited for a second--then realized--You probably need to use Finale to enter the contest. That would make sense, but dang, I don't use Finale. --Hmmmm, maybe it would be a good move for me to get on board with it though, since Gary's now with Make Music.

EDIT: More contest rules were posted after I wrote this post, and the announcement was made that entrants may use any kind of music software. So people who don't use Finale aren't left out!

And speaking of that - All I know about NAMM is that Jim Haydn and Jeff Hurchalla are manning the Garritan booth, and Gary's in the Make Music booth.

Hope we get some reports and photos as in past years!

Randy

was hoping for a hint at some long-awaited release of a new library...

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    was hoping for a hint at some long-awaited release of a new library...
    ...of the string variety....
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Here's the Finale NAMM blog - There are two in-booth presentations every day demonstrating the use of Garritan Libraries with Finale. - I tried to add a comment, but apparently you have to be a registered Finale user to comment. I just wanted to say:

"Great! The members of the Garritan online Forum are excited to hear that Gary's at the Make Music booth this year. Excellent news that there are two in-booth presentations demonstrating using the Garritan instruments with Finale!"

http://blog.finalemusic.com/post/201...NAMM-Show.aspx

Randy

as Steve said, I was sort of hoping for some news on the string front... there were many suggestions, hints, intimations, made over the last while that we would have SOME sort of news at NAMM.

Go Back to forum