• Register
  • Help

Topic: IO demos

Share/Bookmark

IO demos

I just heard some of the new demos (wow!).
    There is probably a more appropriate place to post this but I think it would be great if all demos listed would list the patches used like Randy Bowser's "IO 3"....especially if they could include (even crappy) video!!!
    EDIT: and like Angels Napping

Re: IO demos

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    I just heard some of the new demos (wow!).
    There is probably a more appropriate place to post this but I think it would be great if all demos listed would list the patches used like Randy Bowser's "IO 3"....especially if they could include (even crappy) video!!!
    EDIT: and like Angels Napping
    You made me look- I thought maybe new demos were up. These are the same ones that were up the day IO was released. Robert Davis was in charge of showing off the library, and he did a fantastic job at showing how with very little prep time, some amazing sounds can come out of IO. I contributed too, mostly showing what could be done when using IO in a more traditional way - something like I'm showing in the current "Blast Off" video tutorial series.

Yes, "IO3" lists what was used:

This demo by Randy Bowser is "out of the box" using the default pans, sends, Ambience reverb, and the various control settings. The three Ensembles presets used are Tremolo to Vastness, Soft to Loud, and Unison Orchestra Soft.

In the case of that demo, we wanted to show what can be done in a few minutes loading up three different Ensemble patches.

The other demos are more complex, and the list of instruments used would have been too long for that page at the Garritan site.

But what I can do is open up my project files again and make notes of what I used, and then I'll post that here. It'll take awhile - another thing for my To Do list in the next few days.

Good idea, GRB.

Randy

Well new for me....when I tried to play 2 of them before they were of the same music and at least 1 played no music (using Chrome)...so I'm glad they work for me now.

But what I can do is open up my project files again and make notes of what I used, and then I'll post that here. It'll take awhile - another thing for my To Do list in the next few days.

You are already serving way beyond the call of duty but at your convenience would be cool.

Thanks very much Randy,
    GRB

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    Well new for me....when I tried to play 2 of them before they were of the same music and at least 1 played no music (using Chrome)...so I'm glad they work for me now.

You are already serving way beyond the call of duty but at your convenience would be cool.

Thanks very much Randy,
    GRB
    Glad the demos are playing correctly for you now, GRB--I wonder what the problem was?

On the "Epic Gaming" thread, post #5, I listed the instruments used in that demo:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...tant-Orchestra

And here's the list of Ensembles and Instruments used in "Sci-Fi Adventure" listed at the Garritan site as "IO5"--- it would probably be more interesting to list those demos by identifying names rather than numbers. I didn't expect my original archiving designations to be used. "Sci-Fi Adventure" is the title, and descriptive of the genre I was emulating.

--Keep in mind that since this demo used a combination of Ensembles and Instruments, quite a few more instruments were used than can be seen in the list--since the Ensembles are pre-set combinations of instruments:

Strings sustain 1
    Strings sustain 2
    Trills (strings)
    Marcato
    Celesta
    Silvery Choir
    Orch gliss up
    Orch gliss down
    Silvery Winds
    Reedy Winds
    Clarinets
    Full orch portato
    Big Brass
    Wagner brass portato
    Become Grand
    Epic
    Trump-Brass
    Orch hits
    Low Brass
    Harp fast gliss up
    Harp fast gliss down
    Glockenspiel
    Tympani FX
    Tympani rolls
    Earth Drums 2
    Earth Drums 3
    Orch rips
    Orch percuss 1
    Orch percuss 2
    Soft to Loud
    Snares (combination of 4 snares, off-set from each other and detuned)

NOTE: I had those spread out over 7 instances of ARIA in the project.

Randy

Oh, so there's not an easy patch called "Sci-Fi Adventure" where I can just hit one note and get all that?...what a rip man!
    JK, I can see now why there isn't room on the site to list everything.
    Thanks for going through the trouble of listing the huge list of patches you used Randy.

Go Back to forum