• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can the "World Instruments" library be used alongside GPO 4?

Share/Bookmark

Can the "World Instruments" library be used alongside GPO 4?

Hello forum!

I'm currently planning to buy the Garritan World Instruments library, as I'm going to start a project in which I would use several native instruments alongside a symphony orchestra. My question is: does World Instruments work the same as GPO 4? Using the ARIA player in the same way, or does it have some changes? Also, is it possible to load both libraries at the same time (and use them in a notation program at the same time)? Or would I need to first sample/record GPO 4 instruments, and then World instruments?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
    Robert

Re: Can the "World Instruments" library be used alongside GPO 4?

It's generally the same. There may be some controller changes in world instruments, but this would just be based on the instruments themselves.

All libraries can load into one instance of aria, or you can have multiple arias open and mix and match if you want.

Basically there's no issue - all will work together.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Hi, Robert - Just as Graham said, all of the Garritan Libraries are hosted by the Aria sample player. Controllers for each instrument you load, be it from World, GPO, JABB, CMB or the brand new Instant Orchestra, will be displayed on the Control page. What controls are available will vary from instrument to instrument, and they're all clearly on display in that window of Aria.

Here's something I posted recently to demonstrate how the Garritan Libraries co-exist in one project. The demos posted on this post below use World along with GPO and all of the Garritan Libraries:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ther-libraries

Randy

G’day again Robert,

The above is certainly true. If you use VSTHost as I suggested in the other thread, you can also use Halion Player, Kontakt Player or any suitable VST device, all at the same time. I frequently use two or three different sample players and effects at the same time.

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Quote Originally Posted by sonata5920 View Post
    G’day again Robert,

The above is certainly true. If you use VSTHost as I suggested in the other thread, you can also use Halion Player, Kontakt Player or any suitable VST device, all at the same time. I frequently use two or three different sample players and effects at the same time.

Herbert
    Hi, Herbert - You're absolutely right. The only limit to how many VSTs we can combine is up to the horse power of our computers.

And Robert's original question was about using World and GPO together. For that, he only needs the one sample player - Aria. In one instance of Aria he can have GPO instruments alongside World.

Randy

G’day Randy,

Happy New Year, good health and lots and lots and lots and … lots of money, well earned. Nice to have your response.

You said:

And Robert's original question was about using World and GPO together. For that, he only needs the one sample player - Aria. In one instance of Aria he can have GPO instruments alongside World.”

As per the other thread, Robert wishes to extend the use of his hardware and software. Let us help. Particularly you would be able to give more and guide Robert towards many other possibilities.

Peace with you,

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Quote Originally Posted by sonata5920 View Post
    G’day Randy,

Happy New Year, good health and lots and lots and lots and … lots of money, well earned...

As per the other thread, Robert wishes to extend the use of his hardware and software. Let us help...
    Thanks much, Herbert, for the New Year wishes. And looks we're off to a good start at helping Robert out.

Robert, we hope to hear from you again soon - It looks like the question raised on this thread has been answered, but let us know if that all makes sense to you now. As you can see, there are members here who like to help people out - so keep the questions coming.

Randy

Hello.

First of all, my apologies for returning to this thread so late.

I would like to thank you three very much, the doubt I had about this two libraries working together is now solved! It all surely makes sense after reading your answers. Thanks too to rbowser for offering further help!

Best regards,
    Robert

Go Back to forum