• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I load more instruments in ARIA player?

Share/Bookmark

How do I load more instruments in ARIA player?

Hello forum.

Point is, I have GPO4, which works with the ARIA player. I use it as a sound library with a notation program, and in order to "make the connection" between them, I use the LoopMIDI engine. This has the option to open several ports (port 1, 2, 3...), and I intend to load more than the 16 instruments ARIA allows.

What I wanted to do was: to open 2 ARIA applications, and, in each one of them select each LoopMIDI port as an "Input MIDI device", and load different instruments in each one, supposedly having now 32 instruments available. I don't know if this is even possible, I'd like to know if it is, and if not... what could I do in order to have more instruments available to load? I'm currently working on a piece with a large orchestra, and I need more than 16 instruments, plus the different techniques in the strings that must be loaded too.

Does anyone know how to do this? Your help will be highly appreciated.

P.S.: Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my native language.

Re: How do I load more instruments in ARIA player?

Give me some more info. Which notation program? Is it Mozart? PC or MAC.

Raymond

Sorry for the lack of technical information.

I'm using Notation Composer 2.6, and PC (Windows 7, 64 bits).

G’day Wolf2272,

With Notation Composer you can connect a very large number of virtual midi cables, certainly more than 16. Each cable can run 16 channels.

I am using Notation Composer, loopMidi and VSTHost. This way I can use a very large number of VST instruments and VST effects. VSTHost is for free from http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm . It all runs on Windows7 64 bit

Best wishes,

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Quote Originally Posted by sonata5920 View Post
    G’day Wolf2272,

With Notation Composer you can connect a very large number of virtual midi cables, certainly more than 16. Each cable can run 16 channels.

I am using Notation Composer, loopMidi and VSTHost. This way I can use a very large number of VST instruments and VST effects. VSTHost is for free from http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm . It all runs on Windows7 64 bit

Best wishes,

Herbert
    I'm sorry if I took too long in answering, but thanks, Herbert, for your help! I'm now able to use enough MIDI cables, and all is working fine!

Best regards,
    Robert

Go Back to forum