• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere - Can't get User CC to move parameter in matrix zoom

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere - Can't get User CC to move parameter in matrix zoom

I've got a midi foot pedal which I want to use to control the Wave Shaper mix parameter.

I can right click on the actual mix parameter in the wave shaper zoom and choose midi CC learn and that works fine.

However I don't want the pedal to move the parameter from 0.000 all the way to 1.000 I only want it to go from 0.000 to 0.500 when I move the pedal through its entire range.

So I thought I would set this up in the Matrix zoom. I chose User CC for source and Wave Shaper Mix for Target. Then I right clicked on the Depth slider and choose midi learn. The midi pedal then moves the depth slider, but has no effect on the target slider.

I'm obviously doing this the wrong way. Can anyone tell me how I can set up an external midi controller to control a specific range of a parameter?

Thanks in advance if anyone can.

Re: Omnisphere - Can't get User CC to move parameter in matrix zoom

Learn the User CC on the System page instead of the Mod Matrix.

Then your mod matrix routing will work and you can adjust the range and control multiple parameters with different ranges, etc with your foot pedal.

Re: Omnisphere - Can't get User CC to move parameter in matrix zoom

Oh great there's a way! It make sense, you guys seem to have thought of everything. Thanks so much for helping me out on this!

Go Back to forum