• Register
  • Help

Topic: French Fried Gherkins

Share/Bookmark

French Fried Gherkins

A bit hokey, but fun. The mp3 uses GPO Steinway and Fatar controller keyboard. I had a better title, but not socially acceptable so this will do.

French Fried Gherkins

Richard

Re: French Fried Gherkins

I can only guess what your not socially unacceptable title was. I agree with you though. This is "hokey and fun".
    Jay

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Richard - Thanks for starting off the fresh year with fresh music from you.

Hokey?---naaaah, you've kept it too unpredictable, with dissonant passages and totally unexpected side journeys for it to be hokey. It's like music from an old radio which is stuck on a station from many decades ago is emerging by a bizarre time shift in a twisted, distorted way--mystifying and confounding the listener. How's THAt for an odd image? -- popped in my head as I listened.

Always good to hear the unique music which emerges from your Redwood kingdom. Thanks, Richard.

Randy

I found your French Fried Gherkins a fun and quite interesting diversion.

You picked an apparently very popular subject. There are 96,400 google images about gherkins. Personally I don't care much for sweet pickles.

Thanks for posting this Richard.

Phil

Hi Richard,

I listened to this right when you posted it and I'm embarrassed to say I THOUGHT I had already commented on it ... in my head possibly!

Well, as I did then, I did again tonight ... I loved this jaunty, slightly obtuse piece ... very good natured writing and performing ... BRAVO, Richard!

Best regards,

Frank

Well, now, it is always pleasant to learn that my music has been listened to, so I thank everyone for that. It is also pleasant to learn that some listeners were moved to comment on it, so I thank them again. And it is also good for the ego when somebody likes it, so once again, I give thanks!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Well, now, it is always pleasant to learn that my music has been listened to, so I thank everyone for that. It is also pleasant to learn that some listeners were moved to comment on it, so I thank them again. And it is also good for the ego when somebody likes it, so once again, I give thanks!

Richard
    And I love sweet pickles. Made me listen!

Randy

A little different from what we usually hear from you. Maybe goes with some type of silent film? Anyway, thought it was fun.
    Trent P. McDonald

Hello Richard! This is very nice, hokey or not! It certainly starts with a silent move feel as Trent said, but I could've sworn I heard a few quick quips of Gershwin-esque playing in there

Also, very nice recording!

Thanks for sharing!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    . . .I could've sworn I heard a few quick quips of Gershwin-esque playing in there

Also, very nice recording!

Thanks for sharing!
    Probably so,although not intentional. I have recently become aware that much of my music has a Gershwin influence. Thanks for your comments.

Richard

Go Back to forum