• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does Anyone Recognise This (Reggae?) Sound?

Share/Bookmark

Does Anyone Recognise This (Reggae?) Sound?

Can anyone identify the high-pitched sound in this very short Reggae mp3 clip.

http://www.michaelsroom.co.uk/addons...Sound_Clip.mp3

It could be a 'space' sound someone has synthesised themselves. I've not been able to reproduce it on any of my equipment or soft synths here.

I may have just missed something somewhere but if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Does Anyone Recognise This (Reggae?) Sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Can anyone identify the high-pitched sound in this very short Reggae mp3 clip.

http://www.michaelsroom.co.uk/addons...Sound_Clip.mp3

It could be a 'space' sound someone has synthesised themselves. I've not been able to reproduce it on any of my equipment or soft synths here.

I may have just missed something somewhere but if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

Thanks.
    This could be the start of a fun new Forum contest - We post short audio clips, under 3 seconds, and the challenge is to identify what's on the clip. 8-)

I've listened several times, Michael - Out of context, it's really hard to say. With a longer clip, we might have a better chance to track what's going on. But my guess is that it's a guitar note that's being bent, with a lot of reverb, and an echo on it - one which may be shifting back and forth between L and R a bit.

Randy

I only have the tiny speaker in my laptop to go off - so to me it's sounding like a slide-whistle fed through a delay. Reggae meets the Moomins!
    David

Thanks Randy and David.

I think I'll also try asking in the Sonar forums. There are quite a few studio pros there who might have a few suggestions.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Funny, I hear a flute-like sound

90% sure that it's a guitar playing g#4 running down to e4 with a bottleneck (or overdrive to keep it going with that much slide) played through a pingpong delay.

I can get pretty close with Fender Strat bridge pickup thru Guitar Rig into Cubases Ping Pong Delay. It is definitely plucked tho
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Go Back to forum