• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA and sf2 Files

Share/Bookmark

ARIA and sf2 Files

I understand that the Aria Player works with sfz file format. Will it also play sf2 files or will these need to be converted to sfz.

I think I recall reading somewhere that Aria will work with sf2 files but I can't find this anywhere now.

If the sf2 files do need to be converted to sfz, what tool would I need and is it a straight forward process or is this unreliable anyway.

Thanks for any help with this.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: ARIA and sf2 Files

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    I understand that the Aria Player works with sfz file format. Will it also play sf2 files or will these need to be converted to sfz.

I think I recall reading somewhere that Aria will work with sf2 files but I can't find this anywhere now.

If the sf2 files do need to be converted to sfz, what tool would I need and is it a straight forward process or is this unreliable anyway.

Thanks for any help with this.
    Hi, Michael - Aria can't open sf2 files, but it will import any SFZ file - that's how I've been able to make those home-brew instruments like the Banjo I posted awhile back, and have it work in Aria.

Here's what you need for working up SFZ files AND for converting sf2s to SFZs--just like you want, and it's FREE:

http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html

Have fun!

Randy

In addition to what Randy spoke of, you can also edit the sfz file to be more friendly to the Aria player. If you send me a PM, I can send you a link to perform further editing of the sfz file.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    In addition to what Randy spoke of, you can also edit the sfz file to be more friendly to the Aria player. If you send me a PM, I can send you a link to perform further editing of the sfz file.

Jim
    Hi, Jim - You're talking about SFZ codes that will make various controls available in Aria's Control window--right? That would be great info to share with everyone, if you could link to a page of info and/or codes.

Without any tweaking of 3rd party SFZs, what happens is you can play the instrument, but the volume slider in Aria doesn't effect it, and there are no controls for EQ etc. Making such SFZs more sophisticated for use in Aria would be great.

Randy

Thanks Randy and Jim for your help.

It's much appreciated.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I will post a link to a tutorial on how to do this.

Go Back to forum