• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Printable GPO instrument list?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Printable GPO instrument list?

    I've tried to copy paste these into different programs to get a reasonable lay out (to print and tape to my wall) but it just ain't working.
    Is there a print-friendly, version somewhere?
    Thanks very much,
    Randy

  2. #2

    Re: Printable GPO instrument list?

    Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    I've tried to copy paste these into different programs to get a reasonable lay out (to print and tape to my wall) but it just ain't working.
    Is there a print-friendly, version somewhere?
    Thanks very much,
    Randy
    Can't you print the selected pages from the GPO PDF manual?

    R

  3. #3

    Re: Printable GPO instrument list?

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Can't you print the selected pages from the GPO PDF manual?

    R
    Thanks Randy but what I see in the manual is 42 pages (with descriptions and all)....I was just thinking something like here. http://www.garritan.com/index.php?op...125&Itemid=138)
    But then again, with 42 pages I could have almost a whole wall wallpapered....hmmmm

  4. #4

    Re: Printable GPO instrument list?

    Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    Thanks Randy but what I see in the manual is 42 pages (with descriptions and all)....I was just thinking something like here. http://www.garritan.com/index.php?op...125&Itemid=138)
    But then again, with 42 pages I could have almost a whole wall wallpapered....hmmmm
    Ah, of course - I was picturing a sheaf of a few pages stapled together, close to your keyboard. Well--You can always type it up, get exactly what you want!

    ---I'm not sure I understand the need though. --The instruments are divided up neatly into families in the Aria menu. Why do you want to refer to a list, when the list is right there in the player--?

    Randy

  5. #5

    Re: Printable GPO instrument list?

    Question. Are you running a PC with Windows 7? If you are you could use the "snippet tool" to capture a screen shot and print it out. Other thing you can do if you are using Explorer for your browser is right click on the screen and select print preview. Adjust the size of screen you need and print it.

    Hope this helps!

    Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

    Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

  6. #6

    Re: Printable GPO instrument list?

    Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Question. Are you running a PC with Windows 7? If you are you could use the "snippet tool" to capture a screen shot and print it out. Other thing you can do if you are using Explorer for your browser is right click on the screen and select print preview. Adjust the size of screen you need and print it.

    Hope this helps!

    Gary A.
    That works great, Gary - but his problem is that the manual has a lot of info about each instrument, making that section of the manual pretty long. He just wants a simple list of all the instruments-- I think he could type it up and format it in 1/2 hour, much less time than looking around for ways to copy and paste or capture, edit, print - etc. --I still wonder why the list would be helpful though. You just click on the loading menu in Aria and see all the instruments--they're all listed right there. --Why look at a print out when it's already available to you with a click--?

    Randy

  7. #7

    Re: Printable GPO instrument list?

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Ah, of course - I was picturing a sheaf of a few pages stapled together, close to your keyboard. Well--You can always type it up, get exactly what you want!

    ---I'm not sure I understand the need though. --The instruments are divided up neatly into families in the Aria menu. Why do you want to refer to a list, when the list is right there in the player--?

    Randy
    This may seem like a strange answer but when I was 20 years old I had 2 friends that played in separate rock bands in the Dallas/Ft Worth club circuit. They had all the fun and all the babes and I wanted to be like them.
    I bought a drum kit (anybody can learn drums right? : ) and woodshedded for 6 months.
    I was totally obsessed and lived and breathed playing the rock star. After this short period of time I joined my 1st band playing jazz/prog rock covers and originals (ie Steeley Dan, Kansas, Yes, etc) at all of the popular venues.
    This faded away with the times and I eventually had to start playing pop and country (met my keyboard playing/singing wife of 25 years in one of these bands ) to make a living but my point being, I've decided (now that my kids are grown)to do something like this again or at least die trying.
    Taping stuff like this (GPO instrument list) on my studio wall (along with a picture of a grammy etc) going back to school, finally quitting smoking, exercising, stating all this on a public forum is all a part of this weird "woodshedding" plan I have.
    Fortunately I don't have any desire to be a rock star anymore but I am going to by god make a decent living in music somehow.
    So does that answer your question Randy?

  8. #8

    Re: Printable GPO instrument list?

    Question. Are you running a PC with Windows 7? If you are you could use the "snippet tool" to capture a screen shot and print it out.

    Good idea Gary, I didn't think of that for some reason.


  9. #9

    Re: Printable GPO instrument list?

    Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    ...
    Taping stuff like this (GPO instrument list) on my studio wall (along with a picture of a grammy etc) going back to school, finally quitting smoking, exercising, stating all this on a public forum is all a part of this weird "woodshedding" plan I have...
    AH, now that's very cool. Thanks for explaining what you're after with the list, Randy - A motivational visual aid. I like it!

    Randy

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •