• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Player 1.128 problem

Share/Bookmark

Aria Player 1.128 problem

I recently updated the Aria player to 1.128.

I now work on a steinway project and when I change the velocity curve
    there are some notes that are not heard anymore.

When I open a new instance of Aria and also try other perspectives the problem is still there.
    When I slide the velocity curve back all notes are heard again.

This never happened with the previous player.

Anyone experiencing the same?

~ Yudit ~

Re: Aria Player 1.128 problem

I can't help you, sorry. I thought the new version was only there for the new Instant Orchestra and didn't really upgrade or improve anything for the other libraries, so I did not download it yet.

Maybe you should drop a note to the guys who make the ARIA player over at garritan.com/support. They should know about these problems.

Good luck,
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I Just did a very fast check with Aria 128 and Steinway Standard (Classic & Underlid samples)

I varied the velocity to all variations and swept the keyboard and found no silent notes

Not definitive of course but at least one example

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    I can't help you, sorry. I thought the new version was only there for the new Instant Orchestra and didn't really upgrade or improve anything for the other libraries, so I did not download it yet.

Maybe you should drop a note to the guys who make the ARIA player over at garritan.com/support. They should know about these problems.

Good luck,
    Thanks, Rich, for trying to help. If I don't find a solution I will most certainly turn to garritan support.

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes View Post
    I Just did a very fast check with Aria 128 and Steinway Standard (Classic & Underlid samples)

I varied the velocity to all variations and swept the keyboard and found no silent notes

Not definitive of course but at least one example

Fred
    Thanks, Fred, for doing the fast check.

However, I use the Garritan Authorised Steinway version and I didn't mean the velocity of each note,
    but the Velocity Curve on the Controls window of Aria, that can be made darker or brighter.
    When I change that I get missing notes.

~ Yudit ~

Hi, Yudit - Watching the thread with interest--I hope the support guys straighten this out for you.

It's kind of an awkward in-between-time with the Garritan Libraries at present. The new 1.128 Aria had to be released with Instant Orchestra, since there is quite a lot of new programming in IO, and Aria had to be adapted for that. As Rich said, there are no changes in this Aria for any of the other libraries, but once a user has IO and the mandatory 1.128 Aria, then of course that's the Aria he/she has for using all of the Libraries.

Right now, things are so new, it's not as if there's been a great deal of testing with previous Libraries in this Aria, and so it's possible that some glitches could come up. Maybe you found one.

If you don't have IO - you'd be better off re-installing the previous version of Aria.

But do please report what support says about this problem.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Thanks, Fred, for doing the fast check.

However, I use the Garritan Authorised Steinway version and I didn't mean the velocity of each note,
    but the Velocity Curve on the Controls window of Aria, that can be made darker or brighter.
    When I change that I get missing notes.

~ Yudit ~
    That's how I tested i.e. changed the Velocity Curve and then swept the keyborad

Fred

Go Back to forum