• Register
  • Help

Topic: Click Track ...

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Click Track ...

Let me ask you dis ... or dat ... Hemingway, How many of you use a "COW BELL" for a click track either during a recording session or live performance?
    I would like to tell you from a percussionist preference, lose the cow bell and just use a "CLICK" with strong beats you know where. Seriously, this is why it is called a "CLICK" track. Sometimes I get the cow bell and a shaker at the same time. Yeeeesssshhhhhhhhhhhh. Yeah, I can play with it alright but in most music it's annoying CAUSE IT JUST MAY NOT BE A PART OF THAT GENRE!
    So, that's my rant for the rest of the year, dear.

MORE COWBELL!!
    Styxx

Re: Click Track ...

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Let me ask you dis ... or dat ... Hemingway, How many of you use a "COW BELL" for a click track either during a recording session or live performance?
    I would like to tell you from a percussionist preference, lose the cow bell and just use a "CLICK" with strong beats you know where. Seriously, this is why it is called a "CLICK" track. Sometimes I get the cow bell and a shaker at the same time. Yeeeesssshhhhhhhhhhhh. Yeah, I can play with it alright but in most music it's annoying CAUSE IT JUST MAY NOT BE A PART OF THAT GENRE!
    So, that's my rant for the rest of the year, dear.

MORE COWBELL!!
    Yikes--I agree, that's lameo to use a cow bell for a click. Is that what you're having to put up with on this Christmas gig?

Randy

back in marching band i caught the guard instructor beating time on a cowbell from 10 yards away WITH A CLAVE. Chips of expensive wood flying past the guy's face with every downbeat and he didn't even notice. Clave was useless.

beat that.
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Yikes--I agree, that's lameo to use a cow bell for a click. Is that what you're having to put up with on this Christmas gig?

Randy
    Unfortunately yes ...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum