• Register
  • Help

Topic: New to Garritan Personal Orchestra and Finale - lovin it but need feedback

Share/Bookmark

New to Garritan Personal Orchestra and Finale - lovin it but need feedback

I am in music arranging heaven.

Technical problems aside (like it took 2 days to get it anywhere near working), and the fact that I kept getting the automated question wrong to register for these forums...

I've loaded up some of the scores I made in MuseScore to use in Finale with GPO4. Wow, the results are so impressive. I'm still trying to learn all the functionality, and I am sure there is so much more that I can do with these new toys.

Anyway, here is a link to my files on soundcloud (the finale files all have finale in the title, there is more than a subtle difference between the old files!!).

http://soundcloud.com/thunderwolf9

Really keen to hear your feedback - and much more importantly find out how I can make them better as I have a lot to learn!

Re: New to Garritan Personal Orchestra and Finale - lovin it but need feedback

and I know this sounds stupid (and stuff always sounds better with headphones) but my soundcloud files sound so much better if listened through headphones and the difference is far more than when I listen to other people's files. What's going on??

Hi there - welcome to the forum. As someone who started out with GPO4 and Finale, I know how you feel - they make a great combination. I've sinced moved into using a DAW and other libraries.

What version of finale are you using?

Pop into the actual garritan listening room - you'll get a lot more responses there.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...Listening-Room
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Thanks!!

I've tried that.

Using Finale 2012. I have to say next to your fantastic work I look like a complete noob! You're stuff is so good. As in really so so good. Am really impressed and a little in awe.

And have to say the title track from Moonlight Walks is just fine. I love it. It sounds very Kate Bush (if you've heard of her) somehow. Not sure why I think that, but it's sort of the vibe that I get.

Go Back to forum