• Register
  • Help

Topic: how good is recycle?

Share/Bookmark

how good is recycle?

Can it work with more complex percussion loops that contain multiple instruments, slice them with the intention of getting them into Stylus RMX and will they sound good at an other tempo?
    My main concern is how to deal with instruments within the loops that over lap, or maybe better to say "smear over" the obvious hit points.

I can post an example or 2 if you'd like to hear what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Steve

Re: how good is recycle?

I think you will be dissapointed as I understand it works pretty much like any other "slicer". So if you have trailing effects or instruments with no gaps, the following slices will all have the trails in it (which makes it really nasty to use at times). The good sounding beats started off very crisp and dry. Wetness just doesn't work well unless you like that effect.
    I also wonder if there will be a new Stylus coming that may alleviate the need for REX2 source loops to begin with.

One other note- Eric did mention on another thread about sample importing in Omnisphere- that it was one of the top requested features.. SO, looking at my fuzzy crystal ball (ok, I am staring into my desk lamp light bulb), I would wonder if we will see sample import coming across the board in some sort of unified fashion.

Or, at least some piano samples add to Omnisphere hahaha

or a cowbell!

Re: how good is recycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    So if you have trailing effects or instruments with no gaps, the following slices will all have the trails in it
    Yes. That clarifies very well.
    Thank you!

Go Back to forum