• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria Player - Instrument Tuning Issues

Share/Bookmark

Question Aria Player - Instrument Tuning Issues

I'm trying to use the 'tuning' function of the instrument samples in the Aria player to play an octave higher or an octave lower. Normally you would expect to put in +12 or -12.

However, the tuning range for instruments in the Aria player goes from +100 to -100 but only changes the tuning by a semitone or two.

I'm obviously missing something here. Can anybody point me in the right direction for how to transpose the tuning of an instrument up or down and octave.

Re: Aria Player - Instrument Tuning Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Gruss View Post
    I'm trying to use the 'tuning' function of the instrument samples in the Aria player to play an octave higher or an octave lower. Normally you would expect to put in +12 or -12.

However, the tuning range for instruments in the Aria player goes from +100 to -100 but only changes the tuning by a semitone or two.

I'm obviously missing something here. Can anybody point me in the right direction for how to transpose the tuning of an instrument up or down and octave.
    You cannot do that directly in Aria. Actually you want "transposing" which should be possible from either your keyboard or your notation or your DAW software.

Re: Aria Player - Instrument Tuning Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Gruss View Post

You could also edit these changes directly into the instruments if you desired:

If you want to make permanent changes to the octave offsets for your instruments. Open each instrument that you wish to edit in a text editor and insert the following:

- At the very top of each instrument you will see a "<control>" opcode line.
    - Just below that line add the following:

octave_offset=1

- This would be equivalent to shifting the instrument key-mappings up a single octave.

octave_offset=-1 would shift the key-mappings down an octave.

Best,
    Chad

Go Back to forum