• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    Hey!

    First post I'm gonna get me either Galaxy II or Vintage D. But I want it to be as versatile as possible - good for modification. I will strongly use additional reverb. Listening to the demos is not so helpful, because you don't often know if it has some additional plugin reverb or not. I'd like to know about their recorded room ambiance. What do you think? Which one has most? Somewhere I read that Vintage D has more room ambiance than Galaxy II pianos. Is it true?

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Re: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    I have both. I like the Vintage D better.

    Reverb can be adjusted ... as much or as little as you want, so no worries.

  3. #3

    Re: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    Quote Originally Posted by MacMacMac View Post
    I have both. I like the Vintage D better.

    Reverb can be adjusted ... as much or as little as you want, so no worries.
    I know that Galaxy includes a convolution reverb that can be disabled. But what I'm asking is that how much of the real room ambiance was recorded? I read somewhere that Vintage D was intentionally captured with more room ambiance than Galaxy II. I just can't find that text anymore... is it true? I want as dry samples as possible.

    E: I've used try-sound.com to listen to the samples and it really helps, but with the latency and birds singing it's not easy to do perfect estimate.

    E2: I also know that BDMO probably has the most dry samples, but I prefer Galaxy because of the overall sound so let's not go into other pianos than Galaxy.

  4. #4

    Re: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    Are you also a member of the Galaxy Forum?

    Someone named VCrane is posting spam over there.
    Is that you?

    Or is has someone hacked your account there? If so, could you contact the admin there?
    http://thebadroom.de/galaxyinstrumen...s/galaxyboard/

  5. #5

    Re: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    Quote Originally Posted by MacMacMac View Post
    Are you also a member of the Galaxy Forum?

    Someone named VCrane is posting spam over there.
    Is that you?

    Or is has someone hacked your account there? If so, could you contact the admin there?
    http://thebadroom.de/galaxyinstrumen...s/galaxyboard/
    Jesus! Thanks for letting me know! I registered there recently but didn't post anything yet. Never been hacked before :O will contact admin immediately.

    So... you happen to know anything about the room ambiance thing? :P

  6. #6

    Re: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    I don't know anything about the way it was recorded. All I know is that you can turn off the reverb "SPACE", or adjust it to your liking. I like to use a bit of reverb when listening with headphones, but not when listening with speakers.

  7. #7

    Re: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    I find the Vintage D samples close miced and very dry (no different from Ivory) - perfect for adding your own reverb.

  8. #8

    Re: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    smaug understood me correctly maybe I've got the wrong impression. Back to listening to demos and pondering between the two...

    Thanks!

    (more experiences are welcomed)

  9. #9

    Re: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    When I was deciding on Galaxy I also used try-sound.com. I loaded up Ivory on my home machine and could send MIDI to both try-sound and Ivory at teh same time. That way I could play a note and immediately hear Ivory and then after a short delay the Galaxy sample. They were very close in terms of timbre. The main difference is that I don't think Galaxy has and sustain pedal samples - it probably uses convolution with the soundboard and string samples.

  10. #10

    Re: Galaxy II/Vintage D room ambiance

    Quote Originally Posted by smaug View Post
    When I was deciding on Galaxy I also used try-sound.com. I loaded up Ivory on my home machine and could send MIDI to both try-sound and Ivory at teh same time. That way I could play a note and immediately hear Ivory and then after a short delay the Galaxy sample. They were very close in terms of timbre. The main difference is that I don't think Galaxy has and sustain pedal samples - it probably uses convolution with the soundboard and string samples.
    Good information. A nice way to test. For me, the main difference (based on demos) between Galaxy and others was the overall sound. It just clicked between me and Galaxy pianos, I guess that's just a matter of personal preference. Anyway... I just ordered both Galaxy II and Vintage D. It's money, but I just could not make my mind; I realized I just have to have both

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •