• Register
  • Help

Topic: ocean

Share/Bookmark

Re: ocean

Hi.

Actually, I liked more the video. As I can see, its form is not unlike the old 3 part song: the soaring plane, seconded by the military jet (A). Then a large middle segment (B) with video imaging effects and then a varied first part (A') to the end.

The song begins promisingly with a beautiful wide sound canvas. Then, at some point beat comes in. This I took as an introduction. I liked the perspective light panorama, I think it was around 3'12", to good effect, creating an inspiring light/space impression. Somewhere around 4'40" the beat comes on again. This time though I was expecting the song to unfold, some kind of melodic treatment. The base ostinato of E, G, A, E is just that, and somewhat later contrary motion represented by E, D, C#, C and B, become too repetitive to constitute melodic material. They're only harmonic/static. If a melody came in on top, that would likely enhance the whole piece.

Just my 2 cents. S.

Re: ocean

Quote Originally Posted by sylva View Post
    Hi.

Actually, I liked more the video. As I can see, its form is not unlike the old 3 part song: the soaring plane, seconded by the military jet (A). Then a large middle segment (B) with video imaging effects and then a varied first part (A') to the end.

The song begins promisingly with a beautiful wide sound canvas. Then, at some point beat comes in. This I took as an introduction. I liked the perspective light panorama, I think it was around 3'12", to good effect, creating an inspiring light/space impression. Somewhere around 4'40" the beat comes on again. This time though I was expecting the song to unfold, some kind of melodic treatment. The base ostinato of E, G, A, E is just that, and somewhat later contrary motion represented by E, D, C#, C and B, become too repetitive to constitute melodic material. They're only harmonic/static. If a melody came in on top, that would likely enhance the whole piece.

Just my 2 cents. S.
    Thanks for liking the video filmed with a simpel casiocamera on a flyingday in sweden....Ok i just amature in making music know nothing about a,b,c,d,e just using my ears have a nice cristmas

Go Back to forum