• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Topic: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    message removed

  2. #2

    Re: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    Michel,

    This is pretty much perfect now!

    Very satisfying conclusion to a truly inspired variation set.
    Incredible work!

    Cass

  3. #3

    Re: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    Thank-you Cass.
    I have so enjoyed writing this work. Enough that it has gotten me exited about writing more for piano. I had told myself earlier in the year that I needed to write a piano sonata. Well, this piece was the impetus pushing me to start work on one. I don't guarantee that it will be finished in the next few days, however!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Michel,

    This is pretty much perfect now!

    Very satisfying conclusion to a truly inspired variation set.
    Incredible work!

    Cass

  4. #4

    Re: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    Hearty congratulations to you, Michel, upon the completion of your opus 40. I thoroughly enjoyed the previous incarnation, and was really looking forward to hearing your completed version when I saw you'd posted it.

    Wonderful, musical magic. Thanks for letting us hear it!

    Randy

  5. #5

    Re: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hearty congratulations to you, Michel, upon the completion of your opus 40. I thoroughly enjoyed the previous incarnation, and was really looking forward to hearing your completed version when I saw you'd posted it.

    Wonderful, musical magic. Thanks for letting us hear it!

    Randy
    Thank-you Randy.
    I suspect that the end of these variations is more than likely not in an idiom to which you are accustomed? So we each get to "train" each other in opening our minds and ears to new things

  6. #6

    Re: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    Thank-you Randy.
    I suspect that the end of these variations is more than likely not in an idiom to which you are accustomed? So we each get to "train" each other in opening our minds and ears to new things
    Hello again, Michel - Ooh now you assume too much. My musical tastes are very wide, and I wasn't presented with anything alien in your piece. And yet your point is absolutely right, that through online contact like this, we have a chance to help our fellow musicians keep their listening experiences broad and democratic.

    I admire this work in the extreme.

    Randy

  7. #7

    Re: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    hehe, Randy I didn't mean it in a demeaning manner.. I meant more along the lines of "your musicals aren't always my cup of tea, but I learn something and appreciate it when I DO take the time to listen to them", meanwhile, my music is a bit different from yours...

  8. #8

    Re: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    hehe, Randy I didn't mean it in a demeaning manner.. I meant more along the lines of "your musicals aren't always my cup of tea, but I learn something and appreciate it when I DO take the time to listen to them", meanwhile, my music is a bit different from yours...
    hehe, no worries, Michel - I totally understood what you were referring to earlier. What I meant in my reply is that it's no stretch for me to appreciate the complex and so-called "dissonance" in your variations.

    And looking at your subject line again reminds me how much I can't stand that acronym for the Steinway - "Gas"--good heavens. Always makes me think of a certain bodily function. Not aimed at you, Michel, because Gas is what people call the piano--but yikes,--I wonder if Gary anticipated the use of that acronym when he titled the Library "Garritan Authorized Steinway?" Oh well!

    Randy

  9. #9

    Re: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    Congratulations on finishing your variations. That's quite an acheivement do have so many variations and keep each one unique and interesting in it's own right. Well done.

    At which point did you turn the orignal music upside down and view through a mirror? (J/k'ing - unless of course, you did. :-) )
    Website:
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

  10. #10

    Re: Completed variations "...with apologies to Percy", opus 40, solo piano (GAS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Congratulations on finishing your variations. That's quite an acheivement do have so many variations and keep each one unique and interesting in it's own right. Well done.

    At which point did you turn the orignal music upside down and view through a mirror? (J/k'ing - unless of course, you did. :-) )

    LOL, I never actually thought of doing that! but I'll keep it in mind for my NEXT set of variations!!!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •