• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Duet For Clarinet And Ten-String Guitar"

Share/Bookmark

"Duet For Clarinet And Ten-String Guitar"

Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Duet For Clarinet And Ten-String Guitar"

My dear Mr. A - You just provided me with the best start to a day I've had recently.

I pushed "Play" and then heard the master spin some delightful musical lines in the air as a clarinet and guitar ran circles around each other and played tag. In the background, a polite group of string players tried to add some dignity to the proceedings, but there's no stealing the spotlight from these two sparkling soloists.

And what a fun blend of European folk flavors and sprinklings of jazz, and of course with a constant classical sensibility making it all intelligent and cohesive, and your love for musical whimsy keeping it energetic and entertaining.

Thank you!
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    My dear Mr. A - You just provided me with the best start to a day I've had recently.

I pushed "Play" and then heard the master spin some delightful musical lines in the air as a clarinet and guitar ran circles around each other and played tag. In the background, a polite group of string players tried to add some dignity to the proceedings, but there's no stealing the spotlight from these two sparkling soloists.

And what a fun blend of European folk flavors and sprinklings of jazz, and of course with a constant classical sensibility making it all intelligent and cohesive, and your love for musical whimsy keeping it energetic and entertaining.

Thank you!
    Randy
    My word! I need to always have you around to lift my decrepit old spirits, Mister Rand E.

Thanks for the kind words, my thespian friend.

My best to you and your better half (I'm sorry that I don't know her name).
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    My word! I need to always have you around to lift my decrepit old spirits, Mister Rand E.

Thanks for the kind words, my thespian friend.

My best to you and your better half (I'm sorry that I don't know her name).
    There's certainly no decrepitude in your work, Mr. A, and it always lifts my spirits.

And my wife embodies the meaning of that phrase, "better half"--she's certainly that. Her name is Kate, and she sends her best regards to you down Texas way.

Randy and Kate

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    There's certainly no decrepitude in your work, Mr. A, and it always lifts my spirits.

And my wife embodies the meaning of that phrase, "better half"--she's certainly that. Her name is Kate, and she sends her best regards to you down Texas way.

Randy and Kate
    Decrepitude! I can't find that in my Funk And Wagnalls but I like it. (Or is it Wag And Funknalls?)

My best regards right back to Miss Kate there on the left coast.

Take care, Y'all.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum