• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jazz Drum Library?

Share/Bookmark

Jazz Drum Library?

Anybody know a good jazz (drum) kit library? I\'m looking for some samples for some Henry Mancini-esque tracks.

thanks!

Re: Jazz Drum Library?

for everything about acoustic drums, my favourite ( and some others\' ) is http://www.sonicimplants.com/sonicgiga/gigasamplerdrum.htm
    there you can find different sets, which can be downloaded separately

I second your nomination for Sonic Implants drums. They are truly standouts,with beautiful velocity cross-switching, and they\'re already mapped across the keyboard.

Go get \'em now!

Dont get the erskine CD- i love erskine but this one isnt put together well, the loops are not matched, and take va lot of fiddling to make work.

if only the cd worked like the liquid grooves one...

Anyone know how much difference there is between the Hruska Soundfont versions and the Giga versions? I have the soundfont versions of that drum library and converted them to Giga where they are primarily being used now. I wonder if there is added value in the Giga version--ie. longer, velocity switching, etc. Or does the soundfont version have velocity switching?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard Andrewski:
    Anyone know how much difference there is between the Hruska Soundfont versions and the Giga versions? I have the soundfont versions of that drum library and converted them to Giga where they are primarily being used now. I wonder if there is added value in the Giga version--ie. longer, velocity switching, etc. Or does the soundfont version have velocity switching?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

reply to a question of mine from sonicimplants:
    \"..except in the case of pur \'Amps and Pickups\' CD all of our Giga CD\'s were ported over from soundfont format. This means that we translated the programming using the same samples, articulations, etc. as our soundfont format discs. In the case
    of the Amps and PickUps CD however we went back to our original source tapes and dug up as many new roots as we could find, the better to take advantage of Gigasampler\'s capacity to handle big, fat files... We also did some additional programming that you won\'t find in our other formats- the Acoustic Guitar Tones, for example, now has both flat pick AND finger pick instruments as well as multi-sample twelve string simulations\"...

That\'s it so far

------------------
    O.H.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Punda:
    I got Amps and Pickups for Xmas and was told I got one of the first copies for GS. I do not have the twelve string or finger picked variations. I was to get an upgrade when the disk was perfected for GS. Can I get that now? Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Punda!

I\'d say you better write them and ask. It took a few days to get back to me because of heavy snowing (as I was told). The only thing I can tell you is:

\"...Nemesys has just begun to carry our CD products, but it will probably be a few weeks before you\'ll be able to buy any of them over-the-counter.\"

Good luck

------------------
    O.H.

I got Amps and Pickups for Xmas and was told I got one of the first copies for GS. I do not have the twelve string or finger picked variations. I was to get an upgrade when the disk was perfected for GS. Can I get that now? Thanks.

Go Back to forum