• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Why is Steinway Pro no longer available?

Share/Bookmark

Why is Steinway Pro no longer available?

I really want to but this has it been permanently discontinued?

Thanks,
    Ray

Re: Why is Steinway Pro no longer available?

It's not discontinued, though it is unavailable until we put out an updated version. Unfortunately development is paused while we complete tasks that affect it. Sorry for being vague - I can say a lot is happening internally and we have made plans for the pro version.

Thanks Jeff for the quick response. I will wait patiently- I'm sure it will be worth it!

I think the vast majority of us gave up "waiting patiently" about a year ago.

Jeff - will this be version 1.05 for those of us that have 1.04? Also, if we have 1.04 will this be a free update?
    And lastly, I know you hate this question, but ANY idea of when it may be available????
    Even a year from now is a good answer if it is realistic.
    Garritan Steinway is such a good product, I would like to see it get more attention.
    THANKS.

Right now I can't add much beyond what I posted. Things are intentionally very quiet and very busy - I'm optimistic on what's happening if that's a help to you. 1.05 would be a free update.

Curt I just noticed you had 88 posts, which is appropriate for you. I'm glad you're still keeping an eye on things here. I expect some interesting news will come, as this quiet period is active internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    Curt I just noticed you had 88 posts, which is appropriate for you.
    I don't know what you mean by that! 88 keys, perhaps??

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    I'm glad you're still keeping an eye on things here. I expect some interesting news will come, as this quiet period is active internally.
    But you're not saying WHAT the activity is focused on; I suspect that it is NOT with an emphasis on the D. I expect the D to be getting more of a "wrap it up and move on, when we can get back to it" treatment. I recall a post from you this past spring that said the 1.05 candidate was in testing. Testing means that development is complete and delivery is the next milestone once validation is successful. Only something significant could cause a delay of this magnitude. That is what has me concerned...

I can tell you that I am not interested in the Steinway B. I paid $400 for the Steinway D Pro Version that has seemingly been abandoned (from a customer's point of view). My interest in stopping by this forum from time to time is mostly to see if news has come of an update because I sincerely would like to add some playability to this piano, which I had been counting on for almost two years(?!) now. Being a solo pianist I can't hide anything in a mix and pedaling (where the promised update is said to be focused) is our magic ingredient - half our performance, really.

I imagine that I will enthusiastically evaluate any update that may come but as I've said, I have moved on and no longer use this library. But how I would love to be convinced to return...

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I can tell you that I am not interested in the Steinway B. I paid $400 for the Steinway D Pro Version that has seemingly been abandoned (from a customer's point of view). My interest in stopping by this forum from time to time is mostly to see if news has come of an update because I sincerely would like to add some playability to this piano, which I had been counting on for almost two years(?!) now. Being a solo pianist I can't hide anything in a mix and pedaling (where the promised update is said to be focused) is our magic ingredient - half our performance, really.

I imagine that I will enthusiastically evaluate any update that may come but as I've said, I have moved on and no longer use this library. But how I would love to be convinced to return...

Curt
    You comments pretty much mirror my thoughts as well. I had enthusiastically recommended GAS to others too with the understanding it was still being developed further. I wish I hadn't done that now. But I've moved on too (to Ivory II in my case). Nevertheless, I still check in here hoping that the GAS D isn't really as dead as it seems and that something great could still happen. There's plenty of room for improvement in all virtual piano software but $300-$400 prices mean I can't afford to change ships too often. Unless there is a significant and reasonably priced update to the current GAS D I'll stick with Ivory II rather than move to an entirely new GAS B. Part of that is cost, but a major part of it is also because if the unfinished Steinway D is neglected (which it already has been) or abandoned (as it seems), that's a bad precedent for a new Steinway B.

I own the pro version ,to date haven't even bothered to use the software, just doesn't stand up to other libraries , I think the aria interface is sub standard, just compare with other vst's, . No control on hammers (warmth,brilliance , etc...), tone, custom velocity, no volume control, i purchased another product at a fraction of the cost, with total control, its a sad state of affiars
    were steinway and son's sleeping. The upgrade has to be night to day, other wise drop this product

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast