• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mixing in Logic

Share/Bookmark

Mixing in Logic

Hi Everyone,

I just got GPO4 and love the sounds.

I haven't figured out how to mix within Logic yet though. I'd like to mix the GPO instruments just like any other instrument on the faders in Logic and not have to mix all the GPO stuff through the faders on the Aria player, which is a major pain.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this?

Thanks!

Re: Mixing in Logic

Hi, hbjhbjhbj (thanks for the easy to spell user name--lol)

Sorry you haven't had any responses. Logic isn't used by many GPO users that I'm aware of, so I assume people have been afraid to offer advice.

I'm not a Logic user either - but the basic gist of your question is something I understand. I use Sonar, and I don't want to use the mixer in Aria either. I do all mixing, FX etc inside my recording program, Sonar. So I bypass Aria's faders, the sends, the pans. And that's what you want to do in your program also, I do believe.

I'll describe the situation in Sonar - hopefully the Logic of it will help you figure out how to use it in Logic. Logical? OK!

Aria has 16 slots. As you load instruments, the default action is for them all to be assigned separate MIDI Channels, 1 through 16.

But by default, the audio for those instruments is all routed through one audio out, labeled 1/2, --the 1 meaning Left channel, the 2 meaning Right.

You have to change those audio outs by hand, clicking the "1/2" for each instrument so you have a menu. 16 separate stereo outs are available, 1/2 through 31/32.

Set all your slots so they're each on different audio outs.

In Sonar, I need 16 MIDI tracks, each assigned to the 16 available channels in Aria. I also need 16 accompanying stereo audio tracks, each assigned to the 16 audio outs from Aria.

As long as I have that, I don't need to touch any controls in Aria. The MIDI faders on Sonar's MIDI tracks controls those faders in Aria. The faders of the audio tracks hooked up to Aria effect the sound levels coming out of Aria.

----Logical? Yes.

Now - I bet you can apply that info so it's Logical for Logic.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, hbjhbjhbj (thanks for the easy to spell user name--lol)

Sorry you haven't had any responses. Logic isn't used by many GPO users that I'm aware of, so I assume people have been afraid to offer advice.

I'm not a Logic user either - but the basic gist of your question is something I understand. I use Sonar, and I don't want to use the mixer in Aria either. I do all mixing, FX etc inside my recording program, Sonar. So I bypass Aria's faders, the sends, the pans. And that's what you want to do in your program also, I do believe.

I'll describe the situation in Sonar - hopefully the Logic of it will help you figure out how to use it in Logic. Logical? OK!

Aria has 16 slots. As you load instruments, the default action is for them all to be assigned separate MIDI Channels, 1 through 16.

But by default, the audio for those instruments is all routed through one audio out, labeled 1/2, --the 1 meaning Left channel, the 2 meaning Right.

You have to change those audio outs by hand, clicking the "1/2" for each instrument so you have a menu. 16 separate stereo outs are available, 1/2 through 31/32.

Set all your slots so they're each on different audio outs.

In Sonar, I need 16 MIDI tracks, each assigned to the 16 available channels in Aria. I also need 16 accompanying stereo audio tracks, each assigned to the 16 audio outs from Aria.

As long as I have that, I don't need to touch any controls in Aria. The MIDI faders on Sonar's MIDI tracks controls those faders in Aria. The faders of the audio tracks hooked up to Aria effect the sound levels coming out of Aria.

----Logical? Yes.

Now - I bet you can apply that info so it's Logical for Logic.

Randy
    Hi Randy,

Yes, very helpful indeed! I'll try this stuff straight away.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hbjhbjhbj View Post
    Hi Randy,

Yes, very helpful indeed! I'll try this stuff straight away.

Thanks!
    Good - Hope you get it working, and then it'd be great if you could post any tricks and tips you discover for other Logic users who happen to find this thread.

Randy

Lightbulb Re: Mixing in Logic

Give this a look. I haven't tried it yet (just found it today), but looks like it might help sort out the mixing issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSx1O-hxhBk

Go Back to forum