• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Let's roll out our Christmas projects!

Share/Bookmark

Let's roll out our Christmas projects!

I can see from the Christmas CD thread that there aren't enough submissions yet to fill out the album. Soooo--

It's rolling up sleeves time! Everyone on that list who hasn't gotten their project into Dan yet, please re-arrange your schedules temporarily so you can meet the deadline. If all the projects listed actually get finished, Dan would have enough for putting the CD together.

It felt great for me to finally get my project in to Dan a few days ago. It had been a very rewarding project to work on, developing the arrangement, honing the orchestration to my liking, producing the recording. No matter what would get piled on my plate, I had decided I'd still find at least a few hours every week to work on the Christmas song - and I'm very glad I did.

These Garritan Christmas projects have provided a special, much appreciated outlet for me several years now, and I know they have for other people too.

Knowing it's still possible that Dan could come up short on this year's CD, I encourage other people who aren't on the list to contact Dan, and see if they can power out on short term projects to help fill the gap.

We Gotta have our Garritan Christmas CD again this year! Let's all help make it happen!

Randy

Re: Let's roll out our Christmas projects!

OK now, so I'm talking to you guys:
    Dan Powers
    Michael Miles
    Phillip Cartwright
    Pierre Laroche
    Jonathan Orwig
    Toby Bresnahan
    Jim Hammer
    Robert De León
    Matt Wong
    Fabio Vicentini
    Reinhold Behringer

If you get your promised submissions in, we'll have a Christmas CD. -- You've sent them, or you're sending them soon, right? If not - you're going to pull some all-nighters--right? C'mon now - let's just Do it!

Randy - The Pushy Christmas Elf

good one Randy!!!!!

Let's git er done

Here's hoping our forum friends send in their tracks. We've just gotta get this Christmas CD done again this year.

If we do find ourselves short of a few tracks I'm sure there's something we can do. I have a couple of ideas on standby.

But .. let's remain positive .. I just know our forum friends won't let us down. Let's keep the faith.

Soooo ... come on everyone .. go for it .. Let's make this CD happen .. Let's do it.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I don't know.. are you still accepting submissions?

I submitted a work a couple years ago, but it wasn't taken at the time. It's an arrangement of a Gregorian Christmas chant, for all-Garritan strings (soli+sections).

It's in a sort of neo-renaissance mode. Only two and a half minutes, though.

Mine's written, and I've just started recording it. I'll do my best to get it done in time.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers View Post
    Mine's written, and I've just started recording it. I'll do my best to get it done in time.
    Hello Dan,

Sounds good .. go for it. Burn some of that midnight oil .. you'll do it and I'm really looking forward to hearing your song.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Michel, send it in if you want to.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    Michel, send it in if you want to.
    Dan
    to whom, and in what format?

Working on it!

Go Back to forum