• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2011 and COMB2

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2011 and COMB2

If the COMB2 library is loaded on the hard drive, should it appear in the Finale Wizard as does GPO4 and JABB3? I sometimes use Finale to draft a new composition because of its notation features; however, although I can access GPO4 and JABB3 with the wizard, I cannot access COMB2.

Any suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: Finale 2011 and COMB2

You might try following these steps given on the Finale support pages:

http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/an...cEZVWDNKRms%3D

Hope this helps.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thanks Rich. Did your COMB2 appear automatically in the Finale 2011 Wizard? I'm just wondering if my setup is different than others (in that COMB2 doesn't appear in the Wizard).

Thanks again for your help. Finale support sent the same advice.......LOL

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I don't have COMB or COMB 2 but I had to place those text files in the proper place for both GPO4 and JaBB. I thought maybe the same maybe true for COMB. Finale did not recognize my Garritan stuff so it may have to do with operating systems or something. I just thought what I found on Finale Support would be helpful.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Yes it was Rich. I became suspicious because my GPO4 and JABB3 both showed up
    in Finale, but COMB2 didn't. I can understand your problem not having GPO4 and JABB3
    showing up at all and what you did to correct it.

Thanks again for your help. Finale recommended the same thing. I'm wondering what
    they will come up with in their next upgrade. I wish their MIDI editing was something
    that people could work with. It is way behind the power curve as far as MIDI editing is
    concerned. If they could really improve that in an upgrade, it would be earth-shattering.

Jack

Go Back to forum