• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Become A Film Composer...HELP..!!

Share/Bookmark

Become A Film Composer...HELP..!!

Hi Everyone..I am new in this forum..an i want some help from u guys...
    i want to know how to become a film composer..what needed for become a film composer.
    Which Instruments Can I Learn For This Or Which Libraries Can I Use For Making Tracks In DAW.
    Please Help Me Guys...
    Thanks...

Re: Become A Film Composer...HELP..!!

I am sure I will be the only one giving you this particular answer, but, you are asking the wrong question.

Your question is like asking "what pencil do I have to buy to become an architect".
    Or "what apron do I have to buy to become a pastry chef".

To become a film composer you have to learn how to COMPOSE.

You will not "become a film composer" by buying products.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    I am sure I will be the only one giving you this particular answer, but, you are asking the wrong question.

Your question is like asking "what pencil do I have to buy to become an architect".
    Or "what apron do I have to buy to become a pastry chef".

To become a film composer you have to learn how to COMPOSE.

You will not "become a film composer" by buying products.
    I agree totally with qccowboy - get a traditional music education from people who are practicing musicians, preferably in a structured environment like a college or university degree program. While doing that seek out film students who need music for their productions, develop relationships with budding directors. However, don't be afraid to experiment on your own while gaining that education.

There are many books you can buy and much software to be had but without a good foundation it will be very difficult to attain your goal.

Best of luck!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark View Post
    Best of luck!
    Umm, just one thing...for all we know, Pranit has already learned the art of musical composition using traditional (read 'real') instruments instead of the flying and whizzing electricals of which we are all so rightly fond and is now only trying to learn how to bring those skills and arts into a new home here in Computerland. If so, then I unfortunately can't really help him as I don't know much about the distinctions that may exist between using virtual instruments to compose film music and music for other uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabry View Post
    Umm, just one thing...for all we know, Pranit has already learned the art of musical composition using traditional (read 'real') instruments instead of the flying and whizzing electricals of which we are all so rightly fond and is now only trying to learn how to bring those skills and arts into a new home here in Computerland. If so, then I unfortunately can't really help him as I don't know much about the distinctions that may exist between using virtual instruments to compose film music and music for other uses.

Oops...I never even considered that.

So...considering that...finding directors/producers that would need music for their projects is an interesting problem. Film schools, theatre groups, film societies etc. may have attendees that would be making projects and needing music. If there was a "sure-fire" way to do it then everybody would be doing it. I have found that being involved in any sort of film/acting culture generates contacts for possible projects. One may even consider making their own movie.

As I said before...

Best of luck!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Thanks Guys For Your Response...
    I Got My Answer...
    Thank U Very Much....
    Check This Stuff...I Resently Done This.its not my composition but it's arranged by me...
    http://soundcloud.com/pranitkhedekar
    Again Thanks...

I understand that you have hopes and dreams, but listening to the samples you posted, you also have a LOT to learn before launching into a career in music of any kind.

What I heard there was drab, repetitive and clichéd. Not an auspicious start.

Before investing in better sample libraries, you would be better investing in musical lessons: harmony, counterpoint, theory. If you can get through the years of learning the basics, then you can start considering a career in music.

Thanks For The Suggestion.
    i have never learned the music before... now i am 17.
    i have right time to devlope my skill..so please suggest me what can i do now..m confused
    Hope u understand what m trying to say...

I already told you what you need.
    You need to find a school and take lessons in the musical fundamentals, and then learn, learn, learn.

You're 17.
    You will NOT "be a composer" by your next birthday.
    You will compose things, certainly.
    But before "becoming a composer" you must learn the craft (the tools of the trade).
    A doctor learns medicine before he is accepted as a doctor.
    An engineer learns engineering before becoming an engineer.
    A dancer learns to dance before becoming a dancer.

Well, to become a composer, you must learn music.
    Music = harmony, counterpoint, theory, analysis, history, performance.

If you want to compose for fun, to be an amateur composer, then learn a little bit.
    If you want a career and to be taken seriously and work in the field, then learn a lot.

It is a LOT of work. It isn't "fast". And it shouldn't be fast.

Okay..!!
    I Start Learning From Today..
    Thanks For The Help...u r very helpful...god bless u..

Go Back to forum