• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Renaissance recorder music - instrumental

Share/Bookmark

Renaissance recorder music - instrumental

I composed this one last night: It uses Garritan World Instruments (Bodhran) along with some other soundfonts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlR1Z8PdXhc

Re: Renaissance recorder music - instrumental

Any comments?

Ad maiora!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Excuse me for my lack of latin. I don't understand if your latin comment was a compliment or a criticism. "To greater things" - does this mean "move on to greater things" or ... "it was great"? Sorry, I don't understand the latin phrase.

A compliment. A strong one.

Is not usual here to listen to something conceived before the discovering of the Americas!
    I like recorders and I'm happy that Garritan added these sounds, at least only in the World Library... Could be nice for "pure" classical composers to have them available in GPO too.

I swear I will never use latin anymore.

Best regards
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    A compliment. A strong one.

Is not usual here to listen to something conceived before the discovering of the Americas!
    I like recorders and I'm happy that Garritan added these sounds, at least only in the World Library... Could be nice for "pure" classical composers to have them available in GPO too.

I swear I will never use latin anymore.

Best regards
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by philosopher View Post
    I composed this one last night: It uses Garritan World Instruments (Bodhran) along with some other soundfonts.
    Hi, Philosopher - Once again I'm trying to do some catching up here in the Listening Room. I loved your recorder piece, and am quite impressed you did that in one night!

You said you used the World Bodhran along with some soundfonts. Didn't you use the World recorders? I think they can work very well.

Thanks for this very well done piece which is very unusual for the Listening Room. Diversity! The spice of life!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Philosopher - Once again I'm trying to do some catching up here in the Listening Room. I loved your recorder piece, and am quite impressed you did that in one night!

You said you used the World Bodhran along with some soundfonts. Didn't you use the World recorders? I think they can work very well.

Thanks for this very well done piece which is very unusual for the Listening Room. Diversity! The spice of life!

Randy
    Sorry for the late answer. I am glad to see that people like my music. I didn't use the World Recorders, as they don't sound like real renaissance recorders. For that purpose I used the Early Patches soundfonts (soundbytes.de). But I will try to make a composition with the World Recorders and post it in this thread as soon as it is finished. EDIT: Here it is. I made it, just for you http://soundcloud.com/user5999551/for-garritan

This sounds superb. I loved the sound of the recorders. In its simplicity it is so great listening to it. I see also that you did a lot of other Medieval Music Youtubes. Is this melody your own?

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    This sounds superb. I loved the sound of the recorders. In its simplicity it is so great listening to it. I see also that you did a lot of other Medieval Music Youtubes. Is this melody your own?

Raymond
    Thank your for your compliments. Yes, the melodies are all my own.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast