• Register
  • Help

Topic: VST Expression maps in JABB3

Share/Bookmark

VST Expression maps in JABB3

Hi,
    I bought JABB3 mainly for the VST Expression map support claimed in the product announcement. I tried to load the maps for trumpet and saxes and the only support I've found in the maps are the change of mute for the trumpets and change instrument for the saxes. I was expecting full support for dynamics and articulations. Am I missing something?
    Thanks.

Re: VST Expression maps in JABB3

Quote Originally Posted by zeruyo View Post
    Hi,
    I bought JABB3 mainly for the VST Expression map support claimed in the product announcement. I tried to load the maps for trumpet and saxes and the only support I've found in the maps are the change of mute for the trumpets and change instrument for the saxes. I was expecting full support for dynamics and articulations. Am I missing something?
    Thanks.
    I am not sure what you were expecting, but can you give an example of what does not work? The key switches provide many of the articulations.

Thank for reply.
    I may try to clarify my expectation.
    Below an image with a map defined by me for trumpets:

Then an image of the result in Edit mode:

and in Score edit mode:

This connection between Expression Map, Edit and Score edit is really powerful provided that you have all the articulations and/or dynamics defined in the map.
    My expectation was to avoid the boring part of the task about defining the controllers inside the map.
    (Cup indication in the score is the result of experimenting with JABB maps)

Since I use Sonar, I am not able to provide much assistance, but it seems that the VST maps may only do the key switching. But someone more familiar really would have to chime in here and comment.

Go Back to forum