• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Congratulations to all the Spectrasonics Winners!

Share/Bookmark

Congratulations to all the Spectrasonics Winners!

Just wanted to send best wishes and congratulations to all the Spectrasonics OMG competition winners!

I’ve just listened to all of the winning entries and the quality is absolutely outstanding!

All the best
    Tyrone Howe

Re: Congratulations to all the Spectrasonics Winners!

Torley- now that is a no-brainer!!!!
    Can't wait to see him show off his new rig in his future preset walk throughs.
    Great stuff!

Here's the link:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/contest/winners.php

You guys might also enjoy hearing my phone call to the Winner:

http://soundcloud.com/er-15/torley-omg-call

What's you favorite tracks from the winners?

Eric, do you have the phone call recording available on another site like youtube?
    I can't reach soundcloud from work.
    Thanks.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    You guys might also enjoy hearing my phone call to the Winner:

http://soundcloud.com/er-15/torley-omg-call
    Haha, great! Torley really seems like a great guy. And yeah, he could clearly talk about this stuff for hours

I'm just jumping in here for a moment to share my entry if anybody's interested. My track is a little bit different, I think. My first goal wasn't to make it sound like a tribute to electronic music, even though there is plenty of the tribute content in there. I was rather focusing more on trying to simply make a nice track, in terms of the music intself Unfortunately, I was very busy with the ongoing projects and didn't have time to do everything properly... And I think you can hear that. To me, the most important thing that I'm unhappy with is that whole "reprise" part - it feels kind of "forced" to me. Because it was :P Still, I think the piece is worth a listen:

http://www.box.net/shared/c7n3ya93707k7sjagmnf

I wonder what do you guys think about it, so feel free to comment if you have any thoughts!

Anyway, great contest, amazing library (which I'll definitely keep using for many years) and certainly a great and worthwhile cause. Congrats to the winners! :-)

Greetings form Shanghai,
    Henry
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

Henry, we all really enjoyed your contest piece here at Spectrasonics.

We honestly had so many good ones it was tough to choose! :-)

Thanks for submitting.

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Henry, we all really enjoyed your contest piece here at Spectrasonics.

We honestly had so many good ones it was tough to choose! :-)

Thanks for submitting.

spectrum
    Thanks Eric, glad to hear you liked it! No hard feelings or anything, haha And I also have another version of this track that's going to be used in an upcoming (yet undisclosed) PlayStation 3 title, so nothing goes to a drawer either

Thanks again,
    Henry
    NorthernSounds.NET.

Thumbs up to the grand prize winner, a great peace of work in the whole album a very gifted man,

listen to all the winning enrtys some people doing some great stuff with omni, rmx very nice sound disigns and creations.

what i liked about the winners is that each winner had a completly different type of music that sounded great, and very deep.

I dident know all those sounds could be done with the Bobmoog, intruth it was mind blowing.

novaburst

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanatsu View Post
    Haha, great! Torley really seems like a great guy. And yeah, he could clearly talk about this stuff for hours

I'm just jumping in here for a moment to share my entry if anybody's interested. My track is a little bit different, I think. My first goal wasn't to make it sound like a tribute to electronic music, even though there is plenty of the tribute content in there. I was rather focusing more on trying to simply make a nice track, in terms of the music intself Unfortunately, I was very busy with the ongoing projects and didn't have time to do everything properly... And I think you can hear that. To me, the most important thing that I'm unhappy with is that whole "reprise" part - it feels kind of "forced" to me. Because it was :P Still, I think the piece is worth a listen:

http://www.box.net/shared/c7n3ya93707k7sjagmnf

I wonder what do you guys think about it, so feel free to comment if you have any thoughts!

Anyway, great contest, amazing library (which I'll definitely keep using for many years) and certainly a great and worthwhile cause. Congrats to the winners! :-)

Greetings form Shanghai,
    Henry
    Thirst Love

That is a nice peace of track, im sure thats why Eric quoted in the interview that the contest was close,

whith a track like that i would not want to be the judge to pick winners because it sounds like a winnig track to me

dont stop

Quote Originally Posted by novaburst View Post
    Thirst Love

That is a nice peace of track, im sure thats why Eric quoted in the interview that the contest was close,

whith a track like that i would not want to be the judge to pick winners because it sounds like a winnig track to me

dont stop
    Thanks a lot Nova! :-)
    NorthernSounds.NET.

Go Back to forum