• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cthulhu Rising

Share/Bookmark

Cthulhu Rising

Hi again, this is the second of my HP Lovecraft inspired pieces.

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.emeraz.com/songInfoPublic...1956&menu_id=5

GPO, Symphobia, and Voxos Choir - a delightful combination.

Regards
    Graham
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Cthulhu Rising

I want to listen to this but I can't get it to play. Is that link and its contents still good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabry View Post
    I want to listen to this but I can't get it to play. Is that link and its contents still good?
    False Alarm! (I had ASIO4ALL loaded and it was mucking with my browser playback).

I did enjoy this piece. But at only two minutes and some seconds, it left me wanting more. Among other things, I'd be interested to know the basic harmonic scheme of the opening 30 seconds or so.

oooOOooooooohh---now that's some very fun, creepy stuff, Graham. Very cinematic, obviously, very much in keeping with contemporary soundtrack work, and very well done. And so brief!--a great intro to--MOoooore. Mabry and I want mooOOooore!

And surely anybody here would be interested in the various libraries used for this, and probably the choral track in particular. Tell us details!

EDIT: I must have suffered from temporary blindness when I wrote my reply. The libraries you used are listed, plain as day. Pardon me!

Randy

Nice queue Graham! It is very cinematic indeed. It would be nice to hear more of it with some development. Especially exploring some of the harmonies at the beginning and ending.

Were those random clusters or perhaps a conglomeration of all the key centers you visited during the thematic moments?
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Hi everyone, thanks all for your comments on this piece.

It's one of two I've done in a similar vein. March of the Dark Young is the other one on the forum, and I think most of you may have already heard that one a while ago. So if you in effect 'want more' but didn't hear that piece, check it out. :-)

Thanks for Batman reference, as that is exactly the kind of tone/sound I was going for in places. In fact I think the march piece is even more batman-esque.

The start of this was made with some low pads and custer fx from symphobia. I layered a number of patches (D minor chord) as it builds up then fade in the string runs. Simple but effective stuff.

The Voxos choir is an easier, though less powerful, choir library to use than East West and their word builder. It has a 'phrase builder' which is basically phonetic syllables - you get a about 30 or so to chose from and use them to form those kind of pig-latin phrases. You can't do languages, but its effective none-the-less.

I plan to do more pieces like this eventually, but took a break from the libraries to do the piano stuff instead. Thanks for listening!

Graham
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Go Back to forum