• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrading sample harddrive - will ilok/libraries still work seemlessly?

Share/Bookmark

Upgrading sample harddrive - will ilok/libraries still work seemlessly?

I have a technical question - my sample library hard drive is full and I'd like to upgrade it to a new one with more capacity and have the samples transferred over. Will the ilok still work seamlessly with the files on the new hard drive, or is ilok for VSE, Play, etc., very sophisticated and think I installed everything on a new computer? Basically, I'm looking for zero downtime after I get the computer from the shop so if I know switching the drive is going to be a big ordeal, I'll do it some other time.

Re: Upgrading sample harddrive - will ilok/libraries still work seemlessly?

Not to worry; this is done often these days and your iLok or e-licenser keys won't be affected and you won't be moving the program files on the main drive. One tip though....make sure your new samples drive has the same name and, if you are on a PC, the same drive letter as the old one. That way, you won't have to point the programs to the new drive after the move. HTH.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum