• Register
  • Help

Topic: Breath of Life

Share/Bookmark

Breath of Life

This is an easy listening piece that I put together after discussing a challenge with my brother. He gave me a chord change and some backup rhythms and I wrote the melody and arranged the song. It is all Garritan Personal Orchestra and Jazz and Big Band. It was written in Finale 2010 and produced in Sonar Studio 8.5.

Enjoy the ...

Breath of Life
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Breath of Life

Nice, work, Rich!-- What a pleasant melody, matching the title so well - probably the other way around.

And another interesting origin for the piece. Last time it was a mathematical formula for the melody and Morse Code for the rhythm - You like a challenge!--Was there a bet on with your brother? If so - you won.

I'm sending you a PM to talk some more on this. Thanks for the music, my friend.

Randy

Thanks for the comments Randy. The piece has been re-engineered and hopefully has the problems removed. I also split the choir into 4 voices and spread them in the stereo field. I had the drum section divided into tracks before with each instrument on its own track. I am still puzzled as to the balance sounding so off kilter to you.

I haven't been able to check it on Soundclick as all my songs are showing errors on playing. Maybe I hit some limit that I don't know about. I have 61 songs on their site.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Thanks for the comments Randy. The piece has been re-engineered and hopefully has the problems removed. I also split the choir into 4 voices and spread them in the stereo field. I had the drum section divided into tracks before with each instrument on its own track. I am still puzzled as to the balance sounding so off kilter to you.

I haven't been able to check it on Soundclick as all my songs are showing errors on playing. Maybe I hit some limit that I don't know about. I have 61 songs on their site.
    Hi, Rich - Sorry to say, I can't play the file at SoundClick now either - "error loading song"-- Something's amiss.

Randy

I cannot get any music to play at soundclick either, so here is a link to the song at Box.net.

Breath of Life (Aug 4)

Rich

Hello again, Rich - SoundClick must be experiencing technical problems today.

And now for the new recording - Good improvement, the mix is much better. Glad you didn't mind the mixing ideas I sent you by PM.

Hope you see this message soon so you can fix the Box link -a lot of people aren't going to be hip to how they can fix the address themselves.

Randy

Thanks again Randy. Soundclick seems to be back and running smmothly as well. I have updated the version of this piece yet one more time.

Enjoy!

Rich

Go Back to forum