• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria 1.111 download -- what kind of file is this??

Share/Bookmark

Aria 1.111 download -- what kind of file is this??

Hello,

Trying to download the Aria update from the garritan site. I get a 12MB file that is called WIN_Garritan_ARIA_Player_1.111[1] (no file extension). I think it's supposed to be a zip file? I can't do anything with it, so I'm really confused. What am I doing wrong?

Windows 7, ie.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: Aria 1.111 download -- what kind of file is this??

Ok, found a good download at ariaengine.com. Is the Garritan site having problems?
    - Jamie Kowalski

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw View Post
    Ok, found a good download at ariaengine.com. Is the Garritan site having problems?
    Actually, it's just something kinda funky about the file name you get on download from the Garritan site through IE. Just rename WIN_Garritan_ARIA_Player_1.111[1] to WIN_Garritan_ARIA_Player_1.111.exe, and the ARIA update will install with no problems. By the way, the download you snagged from ariaengine.com updates the engine only, not the ARIA player itself. You need to update both, which is what you'll get with the file you downloaded from Garritan.

Hope that helps!

Steve

Hello,

Trying to download the Aria update from the garritan site. I get a 12MB file that is called WIN_Garritan_ARIA_Player_1.111[1] (no file extension). I think it's supposed to be a zip file? I can't do anything with it, so I'm really confused. What am I doing wrong?

Windows 7, ie.
    This seems to be IE-specific, I have no idea why it downloads that with that name.

Thanks for the responses. I thought it might be a naming problem, but didn't want to venture a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Johnson View Post
    By the way, the download you snagged from ariaengine.com updates the engine only, not the ARIA player itself.
    By this, do you mean it doesn't update the stand-alone player? The update I got solved the problem I was having with the vst within Sonar.
    - Jamie Kowalski

By default, Internet Explorer is the only web browser that systematically strips .exe file extension for "security purposes".

Like Steve said, you can simply add the .exe extension to the file in order to make it work again.

An ARIA Engine update found on ariaengine.com should fix most issues encountered with the ARIA Player. However, it is better to update the full ARIA Player to be sure to get all possible fixes and the latest features.
    Max Deland
    Plogue Art et Technologie, Inc.

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated!

I never would have guessed that was the problem, especially considering this quote from the download page:

Once download is complete, DONT EXECUTE ANY FILE DIRECTLY FROM THE ZIP PACKAGE.
    This surely suggests that the file is a .zip file, no?
    - Jamie Kowalski

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated!

I never would have guessed that was the problem, especially considering this quote from the download page:

This surely suggests that the file is a .zip file, no?
    Yes, and I think it's been a point of confusion for too many of us. Why the instructions on the download page haven't been corrected to address this is beyond me, but maybe an e-mail to Garritan would be in order.

Steve

Go Back to forum