• Register
  • Help

Topic: OS X Lion loses Rosetta support- thus Stylus RMX will be impacted

Share/Bookmark

OS X Lion loses Rosetta support- thus Stylus RMX will be impacted

Guys, been doing some digging around some various sites and found this. So the bigger question, if you can't make rex files under Lion, can we still use Stylus RMX's import tool (anyone try this yet- I am sure Eric will respond soon enough though)

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...icle=lion-info

ReCycle and Lion
    Apple have removed Rosetta support from Mac OS X 10.7 (applications relying on Rosetta will not run). The current version of ReCycle is relying on Rosetta and will not run if you upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7.
    We are working on a version of ReCycle that will be compatible with Mac OS X 10.7. Registered ReCycle owners will be notified by email when this product is available for Beta testing.

Re: OS X Lion loses Rosetta support- thus Stylus RMX will be impacted

The Stylus RMX Import tool, the SAGE Converter, works fine on OSX 10.7. So if you'd like to import rex files into RMX, there will be no problem.

As for our plugins themselves, there are so many hosts that do not yet support OSX 10.7 (ProTools, DP, Live, Cubase, ...) that it's difficult to give a definitive answer at this time. Consequently, we recommend waiting before upgrading to OSX 10.7.

P.S.
    The beta version of Recycle mentioned in that quote from propellerheads already exists, so an official update to Recycle for OSX 10.7 probably isn't far off.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

FWIW, So far so good running Stylus RMX (as well as Trilian and Omnisphere) in Logic Pro 9.1.4 in Mac OS X Lion, 64 bit mode.

By the way, is it possible install RMX using the last program update or it needs the original instalation RMX 1.5 in the DVD?
    The installation from my DVD request rossetta, missing in Lion.

Thank you!
    G5 2x2 ~ Powerbook ~ Tascam FW-1082 ~ Event PS5 ~ Logic Pro ~ Stylus RMX ~ Absynth ~ Cameleon5000

Quote Originally Posted by Morphido View Post
    By the way, is it possible install RMX using the last program update or it needs the original instalation RMX 1.5 in the DVD?
    The installation from my DVD request rossetta, missing in Lion.
    To install Stylus RMX from DVD on OSX Lion, follow the instructions in the "Installing RMX on OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard or OSX 10.7 Lion" FAQ in the knowledgebase at support.spectrasonics.net.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

So when will we get the news of Lion compatability. I think we are heading into 6 week territory- is everyone still on vacation over there at Spectrasonics

See my post above about waiting for hosts. Lion support in Live was only announced yesterday. ProTools Lion support is still in beta.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

That must be frustrating for you guys. Maybe you should just create your own DAW and be done everyone

Go Back to forum