• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Orchestral String Runs 2 update released

Share/Bookmark

Orchestral String Runs 2 update released

Hey Guys,

we are very happy to release OSR 2 today.
    We needed some "extra" time for additional recording-sessions with the orchestra to bring some of our visions into OSR 2. But now it is here and I´ve made a short "run thrugh the new features & patches" on youtube.
    The update will not include additional basic-runs, because OSR has a huge amount of pre-recorded runs. We decided to come up with some improvements for more flexibility and some new artics.

We´ve recorded fast legato-performances for our new playable runs patches for violins+violas and celli+basses. We divided the musicians into two groups of players. A multiscript will make natural tuning- and timing-discrepancies possible. But you´ve control over all of these things. For this new runs-patch (legato-performances up to the fifth) we have recorded everything twice for repetitions and the multiscript will make 4 roundrobins possible (more about that in my video).
    The cool thing is, that the second group of these divided section will have a slightly, randomized delay.

We worked pretty much on our RUNS BUILDER concept. RUNS BUILDER 2 will now allow additional scales like whole tone or octatonic and of course chromatic-options. For this we have also recorded additional samples.

There are also some new extras like the new recorded sustains xfade instruments, marcatos or our new tempo-synced measured short tremolos (doubles and triples).

The complete list of all new things is available as a pdf to download here:
    http://www.orchestraltools.com/downloads/changes.pdf

As a thank you for the long waiting-time you had, the update will be free for all OSR customers.

Here is our new video-walkthrough:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrFaKCTYRR8

All customers will get a free download-link via e-mail.

All the best,

Hendrik

Re: Orchestral String Runs 2 update released

This may very well be the single best "niche" string library on the market!

I hope it has a long "run"

And as I said in another thread, this enormous update was released free of charge to OSR users. IMHO, that goes beyond 'generous' and is rivalled only by some of the free updates Spectrasonics has provided. My sincere thanks to Hendrik and Manfred.............frank
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    And as I said in another thread, this enormous update was released free of charge to OSR users. IMHO, that goes beyond 'generous' and is rivalled only by some of the free updates Spectrasonics has provided. My sincere thanks to Hendrik and Manfred.............frank
    Ditto

Rik

It would be very much appreciated if a moderator would wipe the messages posted by these spammers off the forum and block their access. Thank you.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

OSR 2-should I replace original Kontakt Folders?-ANSWERED

I think that the new OSR2 download is intended to completely replace the original Library- is that correct?

thanks

Nigel

EDIT: Hendrik himself from Orchestral Tools (who I contacted) says yes, OSR 2 replaces all files from the OSR original (unless of course you have edited User Patches within the original library structure, which you should back up and then add to OSR 2 after installing).

It's neccessary however after doing this to remove the Library via the Kontakt interface (using the little star icon at the bottom right in the OSR Library panel) and then add it again so that Kontakt "finds" the new material.

HTH
    Last edited by Nigel W; 07-26-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added answer

That is mentioned in the documentation, of course.

That is mentioned in the documentation, of course.
    Hi playz123- I didn't find that info in the "changes" or the "read me" I think, nor the 2.0 manual AFAIK - on which page did you find it please?

Better to be safe than sorry I guess ;-) !!

Thanx

Nigel

Hi Nigel,
    From the "Read Me" file that I have:

3. Add OSR into Kontakt 4.1
    Please open Kontakt 4.2.3 or Kontakt Player 4.2.3 or higher. On the left you can see all your installed libraries in the browser under "libraries". Please click on the button "add library". Now you choose the folder, where you have the "un-rared" OSR. After this process, OSR is listed in your librarie-view in the browser-section.
    For OSR 1-owners: Before you add OSR 2 to your Kontakt library-section, please click on the „gearwheel“ of the OSR 1 entry (library-browser) and click on „remove library“. Now you can add OSR 2 (see above).

HTH........frank

Hi Nigel,
    From the "Read Me" file that I have:

3. Add OSR into Kontakt 4.1
    Please open Kontakt 4.2.3 or Kontakt Player 4.2.3 or higher. On the left you can see all your installed libraries in the browser under "libraries". Please click on the button "add library". Now you choose the folder, where you have the "un-rared" OSR. After this process, OSR is listed in your librarie-view in the browser-section.
    For OSR 1-owners: Before you add OSR 2 to your Kontakt library-section, please click on the „gearwheel“ of the OSR 1 entry (library-browser) and click on „remove library“. Now you can add OSR 2 (see above).

HTH........frank

Did that, but my old OSR library still resides on my external hard drive next to the new OSR library. I am assuming that it is OK to delete the old OSR folder?

Rik

Go Back to forum