• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will someone will create a midi controller for spectrasonics product?

Share/Bookmark

Will someone will create a midi controller for spectrasonics product?

Is that posible?
    When I see that I imagine a great controller that could pilote spectrasonics devices (omnisphere and trillian are the most important)

http://www.touchdigitalcontrollers.co.uk/

I know that the OMG is a great tool but quite expensive and hard to build

Re: Will someone will create a midi controller for spectrasonics product?

Send them a request!

It would be wonderful to have them build an Omnisphere controller! :-)

the son of OMG!

It would need to have a center pocket to hold an iPad though so you can still use Omni TR.

In my opinion it's the last thing to turn Trillian and Omnisphere as a really intuitive and powerfull tool (for synth bass and synthesizers).
    But I'm trying to imagine how would it be and it seems to be really difficult...

one thing is for sure with the extensive mod matrix, the multistage envelopes and the many zoom edit pages it will be no easy task to make a controller for Omnisphere or Trilian.
    The beauty of the imposcar controller is that he really mirrors the GUI exactly.
    A controller that would do the same for Omni would probably be several square meters wide......

I'd love it too. But before they could do that, they would need to make certain things midi assignable in omnisphere (or able to be automation enabled) like waveform selectors for the oscillators and modulations sources and destinations. Many synths do allow that, I'd like to see it possible in omnisphere. And since Omni now has the handy thing where you can switch parts and have the same midi mapping, I think it would be doable. However the mod matrix would be difficult in a generic controller, so that would be best on an ipad. You'd need a combination of ipad and physical knobs perhaps for it to work well. This is why I love the Novation Remote SL controllers. They have the screens so you get feedback about what you're selecting and they work great for mod matrix menu selections for sources and destinations on synths that allow those as an automatable parameter. With straight midi, you still need the modulation screen to be visible.

I want to say one thing : do not forget Stylus !

Omnisphere, Trilian and Stylus have great Live possibilities. The best plugins in the world do not deserve only the software. I'm shure most of Spectrasonics products users are going to buy a harware made for it.

I'm using with a friend Stylus and Omnisphere. Both of us have one BCF2000 to control each plugin. It is not enough because with must choose what we want to assign (it will be the same with a mackie control). If I look at Maschine from Native Instruments, the hardware is made for that... I don't know how much it would cost to Spectrasonics to engage contract with reputed hardware constructors, but I'm shure you guys from Spectrasonics have the right contact with the right people

Don't forget : the best plugins in the world deserve the best !

AKAI should be all over this. I would for sure invest in a deticated hardware controller for omni.

Go Back to forum