• Register
  • Help

Topic: VERY frustrated with the DYN_MAX settings in ARIA

Share/Bookmark

VERY frustrated with the DYN_MAX settings in ARIA

I just purchased both GPO4 and JABB3. Running on Windows 7 X64 with 8GB RAM using REAPER as my DAW. I also own KOMPLETE7 and have been using it without issues.

My issue: I am tracking some projects that have about 30 instruments including orchestral and JABB instruments. I load up an instance of ARIA with 15 instruments each going to a separate output. No issues there. Works fine.

BUT... when I load up the second instance of ARIA to add some additional instruments the DYN_MAX value is being exceeded right away. Apparently this value GLOBAL for my whole system?? I have DYN_MAX at 512 which is the highest option. No matter what I try, i see disk loss out the wazoo and get no sound until I remove enough instruments. My system still has about 6GB of RAM FREE and yet I cannot load more than 10 - 12 instruments before becoming non-functional.

Is there ANY way to get around this absurd limitation? In Kontakt, I have complete control of how I want my memory allocated.

Re: VERY frustrated with the DYN_MAX settings in ARIA

It sounds like you have an old ARIA Engine. Log on your Garritan account and download the latest ARIA engine 1.1.1.1.

This settings tab has Max Engine RAM Allocation tab (instead of max DYN). I see settings up to 16GB on my system.

Best,
    Chad

Re: VERY frustrated with the DYN_MAX settings in ARIA

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    It sounds like you have an old ARIA Engine. Log on your Garritan account and download the latest ARIA engine 1.1.1.1.

This settings tab has Max Engine RAM Allocation tab (instead of max DYN). I see settings up to 16GB on my system.

Best,
    Chad
    Thanks! I'll do that tonight. I jsut bought these libraries this week and downloaded the install package from garritan.com. I guess I assumed that the latest ARIA engine was part of the current install files that garritan has.

Go Back to forum