• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: thank you for World Instruments

Share/Bookmark

Smile thank you for World Instruments

I am not really too talented musically, though I do want to say that I have learned very much using the WI and GPO libraries and for that I am thankful. The selection is quite good, especially when compared with other world libraries. I believe the price of $150 is something of an honest price - something rare in a world where people get so greedy, imo. I really like the amount ethnicity this library offers.

In short I like this library - very, very much.

Just wanted to mention those things and hope the WI library continues to grow.

Re: thank you for World Instruments

Yup. +1 Learning how to play any instrument is a journey, and I would never get to start the journey if I didn't have these libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonC View Post
    I am not really too talented musically, though I do want to say that I have learned very much using the WI and GPO libraries and for that I am thankful. The selection is quite good, especially when compared with other world libraries. I believe the price of $150 is something of an honest price - something rare in a world where people get so greedy, imo. I really like the amount ethnicity this library offers.

In short I like this library - very, very much.

Just wanted to mention those things and hope the WI library continues to grow.
    Hi, Preston - It was very nice to drop by the Forum this morning and see your up-beat, positive post. It's great to hear how much you're enjoying the Garritan World Library. When it was first being released, it was a great opportunity for me to develop some demos for World. Working with such a huge variety of ethnic instruments was/is such an enriching experience.

Keep exploring!
    Randy

appreciate that Randy,

I'd like to say a big overdue thank you as well. I finally downloaded WI and upgraded to GPO4, now I have world instruments and orchestral instruments all available in Aria. It's fantastic, great sounds, easy to use player and so much fun. All I need now is a parallel life so I can spend all day playing with it.

That "bird library" idea from 1st April would be good as well.) I'm serious! I love all sorts of sounds and ways to write with them. Thanks again to Garritan for WI
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Quote Originally Posted by yjoh View Post
    I finally downloaded WI and upgraded to GPO4, now I have world instruments and orchestral instruments all available in Aria.
    So, rather off-topic, but when I upgrade to Finale 2012 (from 2008) and get access to the Aria Player in Finale, will I be able to use my GPO1 sounds with Finale 2012?

G’day yjoh,

Lookup:

http://www.boca.org.au/about-boca/publications/australian-birdsong-cds

You can obtain here a most extensive 10 CD set of Australian bird calls as .wav files. These sounds are played in the field by professional ecologists to attract other birds. You might be able to make up your own sample library of bird calls.

Herbert
    Last edited by sonata5920; 06-22-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: formating
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

sonata5920
    G'day Herbert,

Many thanks for the link to the Bird Calls CDs. I've had a look and bookmarked the site.
    It may prove very useful, especially as they can be purchased separately. There may be copyright issues involved though.
    I think I'd rather a Garritan type library with everything loaded into Aria as it is so easy to setup and access.

Thanks again, all information is good to have.

FossMaNo1,

I use Aria and GPO4 with Sibelius 6 but I can still use my original GPO and Kontakt Player2 as well. Not sure about GPO1 with Finale 2012. Maybe someone else here can be of more help. Good luck.
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Yeah, those yellow bellied sapsuckers are notorious for litigation...

Quote Originally Posted by yjoh View Post
    sonata5920
    G'day Herbert,

Many thanks for the link to the Bird Calls CDs. There may be copyright issues involved though.

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro View Post
    Yeah, those yellow bellied sapsuckers are notorious for litigation...
    lol

Hi tradivoro, thanks for the laugh. I was thinking the wav files might be for personal use only and
    not for commercial use hence the copyright comment.

Those "butcher birds" are ruthless.
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Go Back to forum