• Register
  • Help

Topic: PURE DRUMS BY YELLOWTOOLS

Share/Bookmark

PURE DRUMS BY YELLOWTOOLS

Loads of \"GM\" style kits, upto 16(!) velocity layers, 2 extra \"toms\" kits for Giga users.

Instantly useable patches due to the general GM conformity. Great sounding drums + cymbals.

Well worth the wait and money (£99) - check it out.

Brian.

Re: PURE DRUMS BY YELLOWTOOLS

I was quite disappointed by pure drums.
    Sonicimplants sound way more authentic at a lower price, too.
    bass drums are powerful and punchy but have no soul no body.
    snares all sound alike - to much \"piccolo\". Velocity switches are poor all over.
    no usable brush kit included.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toby:
    I was quite disappointed by pure drums.
    Sonicimplants sound way more authentic at a lower price, too.
    bass drums are powerful and punchy but have no soul no body.
    snares all sound alike - to much \"piccolo\". Velocity switches are poor all over.
    no usable brush kit included.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is soon the bestservice Gigadrums available as I have heard. It is said to be a huge huge project...

------------------
    O.H.

You ought to try Purrrfect Drums at Studiocat.com. I have found them to be wonderfully recorded and programmed and they are getting widespread praise from people who have used them.

Has anyone out there tested all the available drum libraries for GS? How would you rate them? What do you think would be the best library to go for?

I just visited dRUMkIT FRoM HeLL and I must say that these samples really has some attitude. Go there and listen to some demos: http://drumkit.toontrack.com/
    They will be released in GS format soon.

//grafoman

Grafoman, I was able to listen to the demos, but all other sections of the site seemed dead. Can you tell me: what formats are these samples available in? How much do they cost in US$? Thanks

The very Magpel

The formats are:Yamaha, Cubase LM4, Audio, Wav/Aiff. The formats coming soon are Gigasampler and Akai. The price is $139 for all formats except Audio & Wav/Aiff which is $75. They also say that they will have a secure sever to credit card orders during Q1 2001.

Go Back to forum