• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yamaha KX8 and Garritan Authorized Steinway Model D Basic, KEYBOARD DELAY

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha KX8 and Garritan Authorized Steinway Model D Basic, KEYBOARD DELAY

I just bought a wonderful Yamaha KX8 and when I plugged it into my Mac Pro via USB, no sounds at all but garage band works fine. So I used USB->MIDI and I finally have music coming out of the Garritan Steinway but now there's a 1 sec delay. When I switch back to USB, Garage Band works 100% fine without any delays but Steinway will not work. Is there an update for the Garritan Steinway Model D ver 1.04 Basic where I can use the USB? Is there another setting in the software? Thanks for your help.

Re: Yamaha KX8 and Garritan Authorized Steinway Model D Basic, KEYBOARD DELAY

I don't think the problem is related to the Garritan Steinway or Aria. Usually when this happens there is some additional processing going to cause the delay. Examples might be other USB devices (which you might try unplugging) or some type of other effects processing (if you are using in VSTi mode or CoreAudio on Mac). If you post your configuration, I might be able to help you isolate it. I have had this in the past with the KX8l; I use one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelzeiss View Post
    I just bought a wonderful Yamaha KX8 and when I plugged it into my Mac Pro via USB, no sounds at all but garage band works fine. So I used USB->MIDI and I finally have music coming out of the Garritan Steinway but now there's a 1 sec delay. When I switch back to USB, Garage Band works 100% fine without any delays but Steinway will not work. Is there an update for the Garritan Steinway Model D ver 1.04 Basic where I can use the USB? Is there another setting in the software? Thanks for your help.

It sounds like the delay you are hearing has to do with your audio buffer size.

If you are using Garritan Steinway in standalone mode via the ARIA Player go to:

ARIA Player | Preferences

Within this settings window Click on the Buffer Size setting and choose a smaller setting.

You can also load the ARIA player right into Garage Band just load a new virtual instrument track and change the instrument to the ARIA Player.

I just bought a wonderful Yamaha KX8 and when I plugged it into my Mac Pro via USB, no sounds at all but garage band works fine. ... Is there an update for the Garritan Steinway Model D ver 1.04 Basic where I can use the USB?
    Did you install the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver? It doesn't sound like you did. I use a USB connection from my Yamaha keyboard to a Mac to run all sorts of virtual piano software including the Garritan Steinway.

Go Back to forum