• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere Installation Pro Tools 9 - No Plug-ins in PT Mix Window

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere Installation Pro Tools 9 - No Plug-ins in PT Mix Window

When installing Omnisphere with Pro Tools 9 LE on a MacPro OS X (10.6.7), do I need to access the Steam folder that is included with every install disc or do I only need to open the "Mac" folder on each install disc? The tutorial video does not make mention of opening the Steam folder but I have encountered a problem and thought that opening or not opening the Steam folder during the installation could be a factor.

My problem is that the Omnisphere plug-in does not show up in the plug-ins drop-down menu on the Pro Tools mix window. I do, however, see an OmnisphereWrapper.dpm file (located at: HD > Library > Digidesign > Plug-Ins) as well as a 45.39 GB Spectrasonics folder (located at: HD > Library) which does include a STEAM 45.39 GB folder which I'm assuming includes all of the samples, sounds, etc...

All installs have been made to default locations.

I have tried accessing the full knowledge base but the only thing I see when I log-in is an account overview with no knowledge base link. However, from the account overview I can click on "Omnisphere Authorization" under "Get Authorization" but I am prompted to "Paste The Challenge Code" which unfamiliar to me. I haven't authorized through the splash window of the Omnisphere plug-in because I can't find or open the plug-in from Pro Tools mix window.

Please please help. Thanks

Re: Omnisphere Installation Pro Tools 9 - No Plug-ins in PT Mix Window

In case you haven't done this already, be sure to download and install the latest software updates.
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

I have installed Omnisphere Mac updates Software 1.5.4c, Patch Library 1.5.1 and Soundsource Library 1.0.2 but I am still unable to open Omnisphere in Pro Tools 9.0.2. I'm having the same problem....It doesn't appear in any plug-in drop menu. (Where should it appear...under Wrapped Plug-ins, Instrument, Other?)

Also, under requirements I noticed:
    "Audio Unit plugin requires host with support for "Cocoa" based plugins " - What does this mean?

My Mac Pro system is:
    Processor: 2 X 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Memory: 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
    Plenty of hard drive space

Please help
    Thanks

Omnisphere should be listed under Instruments with your other instruments. For a strange problem like this, it's probably best to contact tech support: http://support.spectrasonics.net
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Hello. I am having the same issue. I am on the latest version of ProTools, and omnisphere. I can access omnisphere in Logic, but not in protools. I create a new instrument track and select plugin\instruments\ but omnisphere is not listed.

"For a strange problem like this, it's probably best to contact tech support: http://support.spectrasonics.net" Have you tried that?
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum