• Register
  • Help

Topic: Variations on a Theme for Wind Ensemble

Share/Bookmark

Variations on a Theme for Wind Ensemble

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/music/Variations%20on%20a%20Theme.mp3

Some of you may have listened to this one before but I finally finished the ending and cleaned up a bit of the main theme...
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: Variations on a Theme for Wind Ensemble

Hi Mitch,
    Some good things going on here.
    I would say that this piece is too long to maintain focus of listening. It could be two different pieces since the focus shifts somewhat in the middle. Think about the possibility of two pieces in commissions...

Gary

Since there's such a dearth of good new music to hear in the LR, I spent a little time looking back into the archives again.

Here's a lively, if conventional sounding piece for wind ensemble which displays a lively love of music and a talent in using sampled instruments.

Mitch--are you out there? Come back and post more!

And everyone else - take a listen to one of those pieces that was massively over-looked when it was first posted last year.

Randy

I think that this shows great theme and development skills. I like the instrumentation. To me, theme and variation can be a difficult thing to pull off and this handles the theme well. Perhaps it is a little over done (length of the piece) but I think this is a good listen.
    Thank you Mitch for the original post, and thanks to Randy for digging up from the archives. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Since there's such a dearth of good new music to hear in the LR, I spent a little time looking back into the archives again.

Here's a lively, if conventional sounding piece for wind ensemble which displays a lively love of music and a talent in using sampled instruments.

Mitch--are you out there? Come back and post more!

And everyone else - take a listen to one of those pieces that was massively over-looked when it was first posted last year.

Randy
    I'm still here Randy, but now that spring has arrived my time is more spent on other things lately. But not to worry, I have a few more songs in the works. Have been taking to heart what someone told me about my work - "It's good but nothing that excites us to want to play it". So I have been doing a bit of soul searching and wondering just which direction to take my music in...or not...I don't know...
    But thanks for the plug. I am glad you all enjoy my work. Will keep working. Like we all learned when we were kids: "Practice makes perfect" (and nobody is perfect so keep practicing!).
    Later.

Mitch

P.S. And just to wet your appetite I've linked a preview of what's to come...

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...toryteller.mp3

A ways to go yet but you get the general idea...
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Go Back to forum