• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Can you switch Omnis patchs and keep the same arpeggiator?

Share/Bookmark

Can you switch Omnis patchs and keep the same arpeggiator?

I looked through the quik start for this and did a search. I just want to change patches but keep the same arp going. Not save and reload everytime for a new patch. This is likely a very simple thing that I'm missing.

Re: Can you switch Omnis patchs and keep the same arpeggiator?

No but you can save the arp pattern and bring it in to the new sound and save that.
    edit: I just re-read the post, no you can not.
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

I would like this feature added as it would be a big time saver.

It's probably already on the wish list for Omni2.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

It sure is on my wish list for Omni 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly View Post
    It sure is on my wish list for Omni 2.

Im hoping this Omni is kinda future proof,

Quote Originally Posted by impactjones View Post
    I would like this feature added as it would be a big time saver.

+1 Yes, please, I would like this also.

Mauri.
    Cubase 7.5 | Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.24GHz | Win7 Pro x64 SP1 dual boot on 2 x Crucial m4 SSDs + 2 x Crucial m4 SSDs for samples and project files | ASUS P5E | 8 GB RAM | Echo Layla 3G | ASUS HD 6570 | Vox Tonelab SE | Mackie HD624 MKII | UAD2 Solo x 2 | 2 x BenQ GL2450 monitors...and lots of software...

I looked through the quik start for this and did a search. I just want to change patches but keep the same arp going. Not save and reload everytime for a new patch. This is likely a very simple thing that I'm missing.
    You could set up a "Live" or "Stack" session, edit the arp in each patch and save it as a multi.

Saving as a multi preserves the edits you make to the arp (and most likely other edits) without affecting the original patch.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    You could set up a "Live" or "Stack" session, edit the arp in each patch and save it as a multi.

Saving as a multi preserves the edits you make to the arp (and most likely other edits) without affecting the original patch.

Rob
    How would this be any different than just saving the arp. You still coulldn't audition presets with the same arp without having to reload the arp you want over and over and over.

How would this be any different than just saving the arp. You still coulldn't audition presets with the same arp without having to reload the arp you want over and over and over.
    I thought you were meaning switching patches during a performance of a song. I didn't know you were meaning for auditioning patches.

For auditioning, slinky's suggestion is the only way to do it.

Rob

Go Back to forum